2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Elizabeth has joined the OLTL team.

And frankly - I didn't think too highly of her work on ATWT, so meh.

And frankly, I'm surprised she lasted so long with Jean Passanante as the sole headwriter. Apparently, there was bad blood between her and Nixon/Passanante at AMC that led to her quick firing when she was co-HW. She came up with the oh-so-brilliant idea of having Mateo pour Hayley a drink.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eeek. McTavish shot Hayley and Mateo down, evidently Elizabeth Page took the final death shot. They were never the same after that moment, thanks Ms. Page. I knew she was only co-HW for only a few months. I assumed there was bad blood of some kind. Thanks for the scoop Kubla Khan. OLTL, did they have a script vacancy or is she replacing Ron as an Associate?

• Members

New to the board, and I have a quick question, if that's ok. Is there any word on which writers will be joining/leaving AMC, with the recent acquisition of B&E? It's my understanding that they (B&E) have a good repoire with Lorraine Broderick. Oh could we be so lucky to have her return? :)

• Members

Where have you heard that? The only time Broderick and B&E were apart of the same team was in the early 90's on GL. Broderick was a head-writer and B&E were nothing more than breakdown writers. They weren't apart of the same team for very long though. Also, Broderick is a character-driven writer. B&E are sensationalistic plot-driven writers. In no way do I see Broderick endorsing B&E's type of writing.

Oh and welcome to the board! :)

• Members

^^Thanks for the welcome Y&R :) I forget which board discussed B&E and Lorraine Broderick, but that's the assumption that I gathered. Might be completely wrong, though. Whichever writers join the team, I can think of 2-3 current writers I'd replace easily, but I won't get into that :lol:

• Administrator

I haven't heard anything about any AMC changes.....yet. If I hear anything, I'll definitely post it. LOL GladGirl might know. *Turns on the GladGirl bat-signal* :D

I don't know if Page is going to be a BDW or SW. I guess we'll just have to wait to see her name in the credits.

Things are sure to get interesting as Carlivati and B/E start building their writing staffs. My prediction is that there won't be a lot of changes on either team. I mean, it won't be a bloodbath like what happened at DAYS and Y&R.

Archived