Rumors of Beverly HIlls 90210 and Melrose Place

Soapsuds

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That sounds right, because I swear I read somewhere else that they were supposed to come out sometime in May. Thank God we don't have to wait a year or even longer for these second seasons like we did for Dallas, Dynasty, and probably Knots Landing.

• Members

I bought Season One of MELROSE and am so glad I did it, even though the music SUCKS! I hope they don't do this with all the seasons. The fun moments and stories were great, but the music pretty much defined both of the shows, especially 90210(still remember watching a rerun on SOAPnet where Brenda and Andrea were flirting with some guy showing him around LA with the song "Joyride" playing in the background).

One of my favorite Amanda lines?

(to Alison)"I don't pack lightly...or maybe I don't have your ability to make one outfit work three different ways."

Say what you will, but before and after Heather Locklear showed up, MELROSE had a fun first season.

• Members

Me too! When I first read the small line about the music being replaced I was concerned that it would seem out of place but I don't even notice and the songs flow well. I also definitely do not remember any of the original songs...

This was definitely a wise investment and I am definitely buying Season 2 for both shows..

• Members

Then they must have just kept the really obscure songs that no one would even notice if they were gone. They could have at least kept a few important (IMO) songs like "Policy of Truth" and "Mony Mony" from the Slumber Party episode. To me, the music was one of the many things that gave both shows (esp. 90210) their identities.

Archived