November 20-24, 2006.

R!ck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

If All My Children being SEVENTH (7TH) in Women 18-49 during Sweeps doesn't force changes, then I have lost all hope of ABC Daytime ever having a brain.

All My Children was BEAT by The View, Passions, One Life To Live, General Hospital, The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of our Lives, and The Young and the Restless in the demo. AMC only managed to beat The Price is Right, Guiding Light and As The World Turns.

ABC even managed to tout that GH and OLTL were up in viewers (1 % each, lol), while AMC is barely worth a mention AT ALL in their press release.

• Members

Errol, you would think that ABC would take action and get rid of Mctavish and Frons but I bet they take a "let's see what happens with the Zarf storyline" attitude. McTavish has more lives than a cat. She keeps going and going and ruining the show in the process.

• Members

Maybe Errol meant they beat AMC in 18-49 total viewers?

AMC has 921,000 women 18-49 this week

PSNS had 890,000 2 weeks ago, so it's quite possible that with PSNS +.1 gain that they beat AMC in 18-49 viewers.

• Members

For as angry as Passions can make me, that would be so sweet if it actually beats AMC in the prized 18-49 demo. I have actually enjoyed the show this week, so a ratings increase would be great for the show. I have to admit that Passions is so much better than it was in 2005. I think that was the worst year for the show IMO.

• Members

Well, I think you're on crack. 2006 was *THE* worst year for the show EVER. Vendetta much? BARF.

As for PSNS beating AMC, I couldn't really care less. AMC is clearly the worst show on daytime right now. I don't see how that's a big feat. It is not a rise because PSNS had a great week of storytelling and received a bump in the ratings. It's PSNS doing the same AWFUL crap, and AMC falling below it.

• Members

If OLTL is #5 in the 18-49 at a 1.5 and AMC is #7 at a 1.4 doesn't that mean someone is tied with OLTL at 1.5? That would also leave #4 open given GH and YR tied for 1 and DOOL at 3 or someone tied with DOOL for 3.

• Members

Actually Mike, It would be Passions having a good week because it would mean that PSNS had to gain in 18-49 just like they did in HH this week.

Also if they did beat AMC with 930,000 viewers it would be their biggest 18-49 women audience in over a year ;)

Archived