CBS Reality Show: Armed & Famous

crc

• Members

A CBS reality show will be shooting in my city, Muncie Indiana. The show will be involving a group of "celebrities" that will train to be reserve police officers and then patrol the streets. :lol: They're supposed to start sometime this Thanksgiving weekend.

This is just a few days after the high school I graduated from, Muncie Central High School, turned down an invitation for MTV's "Two A Days" to document our eight-time state champion "Bearcats" basketball team (The movie "Hoosiers" is based on the 1954 game where the small town underdog Milan basketball team beat the favored to win larger Muncie Central team back when Indiana had a single-class championship tournament.) this season because of concerns that they would exploit the students and be distraction for the team.

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5721169

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt this show (reportedly, it will be called "Armed and Famous") will ever make the air. But, yeah, I'm gonna have to get arrested on purpose so I can meet some D List celebrity. WOOHOO!!!

Kidding aside, I have a feeling that this is going to make Muncie look like some hick town. Not that I'm saying it isn't, but still... :lol: I don't know where Kenny's at, if he'll read this thread, or if he has ever stepped foot in Muncie, but I'm sure he can attest to what type of people live in Indiana, at least the ones that will probably wind up on this reality show. Heck, we even have a neighborhood called Shed Town.

Once they announce what celebs will be participating, I'll post them. And if I have an encounter with one of them, legal or otherwise, I'll post that, too. LOL!

• Members

LoL! I can certainly attest! This is awesome! I'm gonna have to come to Muncie and get arrested for something really, really weird... something that'll make it on tape. I'll dress up as "Baby Jane" and prostitute. Think that'll work?

• Members

The celebs that will participate in the reality show have been announced. Erik Estrada, La Toya Jackson, Wee Man, Trish Stratus, and Jack Osbourne have started shooting the show over the weekend. The stars and the crew for the show are staying at the Muncie downtown hotel, Hotel Roberts. It was recently closed but they re-opened it for the production of the show. A friend of mine that works for Pizza King delivered pizza there on Saturday and said he saw and recognized Erik Estrada. So, that was the first person I knew about. Here's a picture that's in the paper this morning of the cast. You can barely make out Le Toya between Erik and Trish:

RealityShowCast.jpg

Here's the article in today's paper, too:

Source: 11/27/06 The Star Press, Muncie, IN

• Members

Here's another update. There's nothing too spoiler-y but it does reveal that one contestant is struggling to pass the fitness test, so if you don't want to know who, skip the quoted article:

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

Source: The Star Press, 11/28/06

Archived