Playstation 3 CRAZINESS!

DruRocks

• Members

Damn the madness begins :o

People standing in ridiculously long lines, camping out, and hiring people to stand in line for them. Plus they're going on ebay for like 3 grand. Playstation 3 is going to be a blowout! PS3 has probably just blown Nintendo Wii out of the competition. Holy SmokeS!

Any video gamers getting a PS3?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw on the news that there was a big ole riot almost in California over those suckers...One man here in West Bend, WI wants to sue Best Buy because he was running for one of the chairs outside (Best Buy thought it would be cool to see who could get to a chair first) and hit his head on one of the poles outside.

They had a few people getting the snot beaten out of them or shot over these Playstation 3 players.

• Members

If any of my kids want one, they will have to either get one of their older siblings to take them, or for the older ones just go themselves, because I am not gonna dare go out into that circus over at Best Buy or all those other video game stores.

I have not played video games in forever, so I have no interest, and am glad because it's not worth getting shot over.

• Members

My local Best Buy decided not to sell them at all...and they announced this hours after tons of people waited in line last night, in the pouring rain and wind to get one of these things.

I'm glad I don't have kids, or play video games, because it's insane. Of course, that's not going to stop me from trying to find that new Elmo doll for my boss. You heard me, my boss. She wants one for our office for stress relief. My coworkers will chip in to get it if we can find one. Good luck, huh? :lol:

• Members

When PS2 came out and there was craziness with that, no one could find them. When they could be found, people went nuts. I was at Walmart and my BF wanted one really bad. I noticed behind the counter a box and I asked the clerk if those were playstations. She handed me one, I paid for it and she bagged it and told me not to tell a soul. They were being kept for employees, and only a couple were going to go out on the floor. She just hadn't had the time to do it yet

• Members

This craziness takes me back to when Cabbage Patch kid dolls were the craze, followed by Tickle Me Elmo, etc. Folks get downright vicious when it comes to getting the latest and hottest product....I remember watching something on television about all that craziness, and how women were pulling on each other's hair, punching one another in the face just to get the new product.

I remember when the Plasma televisions came out; folks were buying three or four at a time. It got down to the last two, and the minute folks would go out to their cars, other folks angry that they were 'greedy' started to attack them to get the television for themselves.

• Members

:o:o:o Some people just have money to spend. :mellow:

Thanks. I think the Nintendo lines are pretty tame though, and there is always enough products for everyone. I think out of the 3, the Xbox 360 will come out the loser. Plus doesn't the wii let you play old games (sega, nintendo 64...) and the price is pretty reasonable, I think its about $300?

Archived