Days:Spoilers for wk of 11/20

• Members

SPOILERS for the week of Nov. 20:

EJ intended to sue the Salem police department for trashing his good name, forcing Abe and Roman to make an on-air apology.

Having found Tarot cards in EJ's safe-deposit box, the police finally got Celeste (who EJ had ordered to keep quiet) to admit that the cards relate to the gloved hand crimes against the Bradys, and that EJ, who is also a DiMera, may be instructed to kill someone.

Victor made a huge payment, putting Philip at the top of the list for a face transplant, part of Victor's plan to take Claire away from Shawn and Belle.

Feeling that she was badly treated by the Bradys, Chelsea e-mailed intimate photos of Bo and Billie to Hope, Steve and Patrick.

Coming: Bo makes an appeal for help in preventing a tragedy.

http://www.haloscan.com/comments/dustinsoa...nov0406/#155392

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like in Face-Off which made me ill. If this is something that can really be done satistactorily, it will mean that wealthy people can change their total appearance if the need arises. But, for severely injured people, I can see the wonderful benefit. I'll have to read more about what is really going on. Kyle had such strong features that any recast can't resemble him.

• Members
If you do a search you'll find out that this is something that's probably going to be real pretty soon.

And as for a recast that could kind of look like Kyle. Of course there's such a person. I can think of one right now. The guy everyone first thought was the new Shawn (can't remember his name). :) Then there's tons of unknown actors, so you can't really say there no one that could resemble Kyle.

• Members

I remember about the lady whose dog mauled her and ruined her face. It was quite remarkable but not totally successful I think. The full face transplant has only received permission and will be months before actually taking place. To me, it's too far fetched giving Philip a face transplant and I still hate it. Even plastic surgery would be more acceptable. I'm making this comment to show (if anyone reads this that has anything to do with the writing of Days) that it's too sci-fi and not what I expected from Hogan.

• Members

Somehow everyone in Salem always get the proto-treatment of a never tried before procedure (look at Kayla and her cure from Canada) and its a success! I agree with you though, however I think one needs to take a philosphical viewpoint with this. Sheffer has been sloppy about a lot of things since he took over in terms of realism and historical rewriting - a couple of examples:-

• Marlena tells Belle she left Roman - he left her
  • Dr Bader goes to the dark side
  • Phillip melts down because he isn't Clare's father yet doesn't give a 2nd thought about his demon spawn with Mimi
  • I may have missed the episode, but I don't think Austin & Billie said goodbye!
  • Technically John Black is breaking a zillion laws spying on EJ
  • etc. etc.
It goes on and on and I guess one must either suck it up or move on, because I understand that Sheffer's entire tenure at ATWT was filled with rewritten and ignored histories, so I doubt his track record will get better at Days. I think its a personal decision of what you can tolerate and what you can't, so ignore what others tell you on this board.

For me, I find this type of writing sloppy and lazy, especially since his writing team is bigger than JER's was (mind you, Reilly's writing consisted of Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V). I also find it insulting to my intelligence to be expected to accept this and its a slap in the face that the writers think we're too dumb to remember what really went down. It hardly instils a sense of trust or belief in the writer's ability. And I doubt it encourages lapsed veiwers to return. However I can let it slide IF its peripheral to the main storylines AND the storylines are entertaining. Its still too early to tell with Sheffer. I gave JERk 6 months before tuning out in SSK (and 6 months of hell it was).

• Members

I believe that Hogan said that he got aprox. 20 hours of DVDs prior to taking the job and while he may have a stumble or two trying to be true to the show's history it seems to me that he's been doing justice to most all of the characters.

It's nice that more than one of the actors have said how happy and excited they are about the scripts they have been given and I like to think that that is a good sign of what is coming.

It looks like it's going to be a good sweeps.

• Members
You know what. This is fiction. It's not suppose to be all real and related to the real world. A face transplant has been done IRL, and there's four more coming. So it's not sci-fi in any way becuase it's actually happening. Since you want this to be all real use your imagination instead... maybe Philip is one of those four people. ;)

I'm sorry, but I don't see the problem with this story since it's something that has been done already... IRL.

• Members

thanks for the spoilers.

I'm glad to see Celeste return to the canvas and start giving her dire premonitions. Considering that Sheffer said in an earlier interview that Marlena loses John and has a difficult time getting him back or something to that effect, I'm guessing that John is probably the subject of Celeste's latest Cassandra-like warning.....

I'm loving just seeing Victor in these spoilers. It's so nice to see him acting ruthless--even against his own family. Nice return to history with him....

Archived