ATWT: She's BA-ACKK!!!!!

• Members

I am thrilled to find out today that Terri Garber is back as Iris Dumbrowski, Gwen's no-good, liquor-swigging mother, beginning November 20, according to soapoperadigest.com. I for one, am thrilled, as I was mad as all get out when the show wrote the fab character into a corner last year. Hopefully, they'll keep this gold mine around long-term this time around.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oops, my bad, I didn't see anything on it yet.

ETA: I found it, but she barely warranted a mention in the news story and the thread it's in is labeled to indicate only that 3 actors are leaving. I hope the Mods keep this thread open, because I think this news deserves a thread all its own. This is THE Iris Dumbrowski, after all.

• Members

They most likely are bringing Iris back because of the new heights that Gwen is headed for with a singing career....It shows that they want to have her back on the scene to get her piece of the cool cash that might come Gwen's way. Plus, now that Gwen is married to Will, that will fuel Iris to do whatever to get in between them.

I would love to see Iris cuss the crap out of Jade....You know it most likely will happen, especially if she's messing with her "Gwennie." It would serve Jade wonderfully to have yet another person hating on her; but maybe this time Iris can put a hurting on the girl :D

The one thing I DON'T want is to have her once again being tossed in Carly's direction....It would be best just to have Iris mix it up with Gwen and also with some other folks this time around.

• Members

I respectfully disagree with you there. I definitely want more Carly/Iris stuff- loved them together. Two fantastic actresses going at one another- they were so much fun to watch & were a large part of why I enjoyed that part of the story. I'm not too worried though- she'll have to be somewhat on Carly's radar, given her bonding with Gwen this past year.

• Members

That was one of the things that backed Iris in a corner in some ways...True, Terri and Maura have excellent chemistry together as two battling women, however, I want to see Iris more with other folks too; not just Carly....so that's the difference between the both of us.

I love Terri Garber; when she was briefly interviewed with SOW last year, she talked about how she loved working with Maura and Jennifer.

I think Iris is coming back on the scene primarily to welch off whatever fame Gwen may obtain in her singing career; and if she learns that Will was the one that shelled out the cash for the sessions and things like that, you know she will be on Gwen and Will like white on rice....I'm gonna love seeing her again.

Archived