DAYS: Huge Steve & Kayla Spoiler!

• Members

So is this going to be a running thing with Days....every super couple gets their own sidekick singer?

Marlena/John with Smokey...Steve/Kayla with Clay...

I could MAYBE understand it if the show took place in LA or something.

But really...What are the odds that everyone knows a famous singer?

Clay is now a wedding singer? What-ever...well I guess I'll miss that episode.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to listen to him sing.

Maybe Clay and Will can get together and discuss bad hair?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm kind of surprised that Dustin labeled this as a spoiler instead of a rumor. IIRC, he tends to be conservative about the things that he lists as spoilers on that page.

I guess it's possible that Hogie could write a quick wedding with Nick pretending that Steve has his memory back in order to help Kayla recover from her illness.

SN did say on his plog that Steve/Kayla have a lot of scenes in November and this rumor is supposed to occur at the end of December. That's a lifetime in Hogie's world of fast-paced storytelling!! I'm not going to discount it all together....

As for Clay Aikin singing on the show, I'm all for it if it means that we can get some Aikin fans, who don't normally watch Days, to start watching the show. I'm not a Clay Aikin fan, but if his appearance on the show means free press AND higher ratings, then I'd be willing to sit through these scenes and grin and bear it for the sake of the show....

Hopefully the rabid Clay fans who only watch the Dec 22nd show for Clay will see something other than Clay that they like and begin watching Days full-time....

• Members

Yeah I agree with Drew. Either that or Kayla is recreating the wedding to help Steve remember his past or something.

ETA: I did read the complete article about Clay joining Days and it says he will sing for Steve and Kayla at a private concert at Dune. Perhaps there is no wedding and the DJ messed up?

Here is the link to the article about Clay:

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1551557,00.html

• Members

:lol: I don't know, I think you are both right. Usually when a person is

declared dead, the marriage will l be legally declared over. I doubt there

are provisions in the law for people who return from the dead ;) Plus: it's been

16 years. Whether they"legally" need to or not, eventually I hope S&K will have

a marriage ceremony/renewal of vows. But not in December--way too soon.

• Members

From a legal stand point, I'm fairly sure coming back from the dead would fall under fraud, as far as the legal pronouncement and death certificate go. However, you can legally pronounce someone dead after a period of 7 or so years, so that may not fit with S/K. Of course, I'm no lawyer - just seems logical to me. I agree that there needs to be another ceremony for them - but down the line.

• Members

I should have added this to my previous post (oops...)

On soaps, that doesn't mean a thing. How many times do we see

ex-wives return from the dead (example: Marina Toscano on Days),

which makes a current marriage null and void...It used to be a staple

story of soaps (though I don't see that story on daytime as much anymore)

• Members

I don't think anyone knows if they are still married or not. Their doctor on Thursday's show called them Dr. Johnson and Mr Johnson. I don't care if they get married or not. I already saw them have a big wedding anyway. I mean they could very well get married to help Steve remember his past (it probably would just be a recreated wedding or something) or some othwe circumstance

I don't see how this is rushed especially since this takes place two months from now where alot could happen and we don't even know what the circumstances are. Plus, if they are still married, it would be a vow renewal so I can't see that as rushed.

The article I linked to in my last post from people.com indicates this is nothing but a private concert for Steve/Kayla and that, combined with the fact that Dustin moved the wedding stuff to the rumor mill, tells me there is nothing even to dispute. The DJ probably got all excited at the prospect of a Steve/Kayla wedding, like most of us would :lol:

• Members

Soapdom.com is reporting that "Aiken gives a private concert at Salem's local club Dune for Patch (Stephen Nichols) and Kayla (Mary Beth Evans) after the couple offer to volunteer to help Aiken catch a ride to the airport when his car gets stranded. "

So I guess no wedding *g*

Archived