Y&R: SID/SOW SPOILERS

• Members

Credit to Oceanview at N/P site :)

Marisa Ramirez (Carmen): Ramirez returns Nov. 10 when several different murder scenarios are played out in a special episode.

Y&R will air a special episode on Nov. 10 illustrating all the different murder scenarios in the "Who Killed Carmen?" storyline. "I have a mystery mastermind on the show, Scott Hamner," explains EP/HW Lynn Marie Latham. "He plotted the 'General Homicide' murders when we did Port Charles together. He's been the architect of this story." Hamner knows who the culprit is, of course, but few others do. "Believe me, I've had a lot of actors ask me, 'Am I it?'" laughs Latham. "I'm going to be horribly disappointed if the secret gets out."

Week of Oct. 30

News of Carmen's death sends shockwaves through Genoa City.

Neil and Dru scramble to get their stories straight.

Colleen kisses Korbel.

Kevin and Jana canoodle at the coffeehouse.

Can't Miss - Thurs Nov 2 - Lauren brings her baby home, but still has an uneasy feeling about Sheila.

Week of Nov. 6

Old wounds are reopened for Katherine and Jill.

Dru and Neil try to maintain their composure as family, friends and enemies testify in a grand jury hearing.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone think Latham is starting to get overly cocky now that she has so much power and lots of soap capital due to the ratings increases? Its not that big of a murder mystery, I mean at least the witch is dead but stop making it out to be a mystery reminicent of The Edge of Night.....

• Members

This is not The Young and the Restless I'm used to seeing. LML has definitely changed this show and I'm not liking it. Y&R always had that special thing that made it unique. It stood out from the other soaps. LML is literally turning Y&R into the other soaps. I watched yesterday and it felt like I was watching General Hospital. There was just a feel the show that I didn't like.

• Members

Wow!!!! I have never in all my life felt like I was watching GH while watching Y&R. I do agree that Y&R has changed since LML took over as HW, but she has to put her own stamp on the show or people would be saying "Y&R has a new HW but things are staying the same". She's damned if she do and damned if she don't.

• Members

Maybe it's just that LML's writing is so different than what we're used to seeing at Y&R. People make references to Marissa Ramirez not being a CBS actress, well I don't find LML appealing as a CBS writer. I feel like she should've went to OLTL or AMC, not Y&R.

• Members

Well its basically just myself saying MR isn't a CBS actress. And IA with you Drew on LML being more of an ABC writer. The change in Y&R is very evident, and some is good and some is awful.

I still stand by my take on MR being an unappealing actress though. For goodness sake Bryton acted circles around her and Devetta had more intensity in her than MR ever had. I'm not saying that ABC actors are bad, but MR would fit better into that network with her acting style.

• Members

LML is best known for her work on Knots LAnding, which would make her a CBS writer. I think she has more of a primetime style than anything else. Her episode pacing is very similar to a primetime episode where you can watch an episode and feel as satisfied as watching a primetime show. Like Thursday and Friday of this week, it felt like a 2-part season finale to me.

Carmen's murder is not going to be Edge of Night, but it's a very interesting mystery that involved many cast members. It's been a long time since we got a GOOD mystery on soaps so I'm looking forward to it. Terrible Tom was a disaster and a mistake.

Archived