DAYS: Clay Aiken comes to Salem...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to like him but for some reason not anymore.

Anyways, this is no big deal. It is probably just a cameo just like Smokey Robinson and I like it because it makes Salem feel like a real town with people coming in and out (some famous and some not). It's not like he is appearing in a recurring role or anything because, if that was the case, I would be angered too.

This is nothing to even worry about and it will probably be over before any of us gag :lol:

• Members

The hate is because Clay Aiken is washed up. The majority of the American audience doesn't care about him anymore and it's just going to be taking up space on the episode that he does appear on.

Hopefully he has no speaking parts and he will only be singing at Chez Rouge or something like that.

• Members

Well, a few weeks ago he released his 3rd album which debuted at #2, so I think our definitions of "washed up" are probably very different.

It's not like I don't expect the whole thing to be a big bucket of cheese. I cringed when I read about the Smokey Robinson appearance and I imagine I'll cringe my way through this one unless it's integrated especially well. I'm not a huge fan of guest star appearances on any show. I just didn't/don't understand why the vitriol was so strong. But it's no skin off my nose.

• Members

Are you serious, Clay Gaykein (as Kathy Griffin so perfectly puts it) is showing up on DAYS? This seems like a desparate move, first Smokey Robinson and now Clay. I don't mind Smokey, but I will FF every Clay Gaykein scene!

Archived