The O.C.: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've watched since the beginning, but slowly have gotten over the show..But i watched, just to see how they would portray Marissa's death..and i was really disappointed...The show was just so freaking boring...Ryan cage fighting was stupid...Summer as a hippie (Lame, maybe better if we could have seen her change from the beginning..)...

Really i think the big problem with the show was that they went forward 5 months...and kind of glossed over Marissa's death...I would have liked to see one episode were people reacted to the news and at least had a funeral..

This was probably my last ever episode of the show, until the final episode possibly...I'd rather watch Greys and Scrubs and 30 Rock when they start..

• Members

I like Julie, Kaitlin, Dr. Roberts...they have an interesting dynamic, but sadly they're the only interesting thing about this show to me now.

They've totally trashed Summer's character...even if she was to become interested in all these issues, she wouldn't start dressing like a hippie or anything...it would have been far more interesting to see her try to gain acceptance by the people who share her views just because of how she looks (sort of like Legally Blonde).

I'll keep watching. It's obviously the final season (especially in this timeslot).

• Members

The new season has gotten excellent reviews everywhere and I must say I LOVED the premiere! It wasn't over the top, but real emotion. Moving forward 5 months allowed them to still be grieving without getting stuck with it all season which wouldn't work with less episodes and this possibly being the final season.

The ratings aren't a surprise since FOX absolutely didn't promote it and the timeslot is a death slot. THey should've moved it to Wednesday BEFORE the season premiered not after. And if they still don't promote it, it won't rise too much. FOX has done everything in their power to kill the show, I hope they at least try. It was getting them 10 million viewers and they foolishly moved it to Thursdays.

I'm glad all of their new shows are flopping, it gives The O.C. a shot.

• Members

Kev, you and I are never on the same wave length with the OC. LOL.

OK, everyone knows I have a love/hate relationship with the OC. I had pretty much written it off. Although the end of the season got really good, but anyway, I watched Thursday's. Wow. Wow. I loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Ryan was dark and edgey! Once again! The editing was amazing. The directing was awesome and different for the OC. Summer and Seth are finally being taken seriously. Julie is better than ever. I love her way of grieving. My friend told me they deal with MArissa a little later, but that was a little disappointing, I'll admit.

I am not surprised about the ratings at all. I mean Grey's and C.S.I.? Let's be real!

• Members

I didn't catch the episode, but I'm really not suprised that it didn't do too well. I think the Marissa death (even though I'm not that disappointed that she was killed off) may have turned off a lot of viewers. I really don't think it will last long at all against Grey's Anatomy. I think a lot of the OC's viewers have gone to Grey's and don't have a good reason to go back.

• Members

Nubia did you like the premiere....or am i the only one who found it painfully boring and lame...

The truth is the only characters i care about now are Julie Cooper, Summer (but thats fading as she is now a hippie), and Taylor (just for comedic relief)...

• Members

Kev, you truly might be the only person who didn't like it. The reviews have been amazing, especially after the third season was panned. Even at Television Without Pity where the show is extremely hated, they are LOVING the new season.

To me the humor is back, even though it was a dark episode with Marissa's death. Taylor and Kaitlin are GREAT additions to the cast, even though I thought Kaitlin was annoying last season. The actress has improved and fit right in here.

As usual, the adults are knocking it out of the ballpark, I just hope Kelly Rowan gets something good to do this season. She's my fave.

• Members

I absolutely loved it! I never really liked Marissa so its not that big of a deal. But OMG I love how they are showing everyone and how they're all grieving differently.

"Its a built-in."

"I didn't know it was built-in."

"I told her it was a built-in."

or something like that.

• Members

Ok, I watched the first episode, and I guess the second one on fox's myspace thing. Seeing them both together, I like how the show is going. I'm not really sure WHERE it's going though (with Summer seemingly isolated, and Taylor just wondering around the country). I'll try to catch the next few episodes to see if I continue to like it. I hope they do move it to Wednesdays where there is less competition. Maybe have it before or after American Idol when it comes back in January? And I agree about Kelly Rowan, give her a story, she's great.

• Members

I tuned into this show last week and see that some things never change. Seth is still Ryan's little bit*ch. Ryan is still an annoying ass. And Julie is still the best thing about this show. A lot of new faces though. Thank God Cam Gigandet was let go from the part of Daniel on Y&R. Those new girls are disturbingly annoying.

Archived