The O.C.: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG...I used to be a big fan of the O.C. but after the first season, it just went downhill for me. I have never liked Mischa Burton or Marissa...had no idea that the actress left and that the character died. Seth annoys the hell out of me and it always looks like Adam Brody thinks he's being funny when he's not. I used to love Summer & Seth before they hooked up but after they did, they got really annoying. I've always thought that Melinda Clarke was the best actress on the show and I really like Ben McKenzie..just not the horrid Ryan/Marissa pairing.

Anyhoo, I wasn't at all planning on watching the show again but I have an assignment with my university paper to review this year's November Sweeps and say what the best and worst shows are...I taped the O.C..curious as to where it is now..and I'm hooked again! It's not perfect but it's not a hassle to watch anymore, either. :D

Summer being a hippy is kinda stupid. I dunno..I used to like Rachel Bilson but she's simply a mediocre actress to me, now. I think Seth & Summer were the worst part of the show. Julie is still the same attention-seeking whore she is but I thought that her reaction to seeing her daughter at the bar was great and the end with them sharing a container of ice cream was unexpected.

The best part of the show, though was...Taylor & Ryan! OMG! I effing love these two already! Ryan is a broody character and Taylor's spunkiness really balances him out. In fact, it's so amusing seeing how he reacts to her. He looks weirded out and at the same time, intrigued. It's so cute. The reason why I thought him and Marissa made such a horrible couple was because they were both so serious and broody. It was just a drag to watch. Not to mention that MB was such a stale actress. The girl that plays Taylor is so much fun to watch and she definitely has range. I thought she was overly hyper and a tad annoying the first few scenes of the show but when you put her with Ryan, those two are just entertaining.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ahhh, a place to talk about The O.C. Sweet!

I am loving the Taylor and Ryan romance as well. She's so quirky and fun, and Ryan really needs to get out of the funk he's been in. I think she will bring him around.

I don't like Summer being a hippy either, it's just doesn't jive. However, I do enjoy her and Seth's relationship. Seth is willing to do almost everything for her, that's really sweet in any guy. IMO, of course. :D

I am going to enjoy watching Kaitlyn as well.

I just got into this show last season before Marissa's death, so I have missed a lot, but am slowly catching up.

• Members

Yeah, I can't believe more people aren't talking talking about this show! It has improved soo drastically since last season (although I admit I really have nothing to compare it to since I wasn't watching then).

Seth & Summer aren't nearly as annoying now but if they left the show, I wouldn't really care. I did think Summer's hemp comment to Che was hilarious. :lol:

Okay, I don't know the name of that dude who looks like George Bush's twin but he's annoying as hell. Get him off the show!

I love Kaitlyn! She's so much more interesting than Marissa.

Taylor & Ryan are so cute together. Ryan is so serious and moody it's amusing to watch him react to Taylor's weirdness. :lol:

I never got to see Marissa die. What happened??? :blink:

• Members

Did you watch last season at all? If you did, you probably remember the Volchek dude. Ryan and Marissa were in a car and Volchek rammed into them in his car. Ryan and Marissa's car ending up rolling down a hill. Ryan walked away from the accident but Marissa wasn't so lucky.

Anyway, I really like Kaitlin too. I think she's a lot better than Marissa and I like her portrayer more than Mischa Barton.

I like Ryan and Taylor. I always felt sorry for Taylor so I'm glad to see her with someone.

Seth and Summer are just okay.

I wish something would happen with Sandy and Kirsten.

• Members

I had pretty much given up on the oc after the season premiere..unlike others i thought it was horrible..but with Greys a repeat, i had room on my dvr to record thursdays episode..and i was pleasently suprised..Ryan and Taylor are so refreshing..She is probably my favorite love interest for Ryan to date..

Summer and Seth were pretty funny, and i'm glad she is back in newport...

Finally the story with Katilin was entertaining, the actress is great..I'll be recording next week...But who knows what i'll do next year with Greys/Scrubs and 30 Rock all new..

• Members

I really have been surprised by this new season. With Marissa's death, I was sure what to expect. I've got to say I've been plesantly surprised with this season. The paring of Ryan and Taylor, Summer back from Brown, but not the same person. Julie reverting back to form and Kaitlyn is good too.

Last night's episode was so funny.

It feels like the show has been revitalized with Marissa's death. (hey it usually happens on daytime)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived