The "Mess" of the Primetime Forum

Errol

• Webmaster

This is just to acknowledge the "mess" that has become of the Primetime Forums here at Soap Opera Network.

While analyzing the PrimetimeOxides forum, it became clear that some shows are more favored than others by readers, as is the case in the Discuss the Soaps Forum. Threads that have the potential of being popular, never reach that status as they are pushed to page two, three, four, five, etc within moments or hours, depending on the time of day. Additionally, reality shows such as Big Brother or American Idol, while very popular, have dominated these forums and for some reason, Moderators have gone so far as to pin these threads to the top of the board. Those decisions will cease.

To fix the "mess," we have been moving old threads and sometimes, new ones to a point that they are in a "can not be found" status. I take the full blame for this. The posts are not deleted, nor will they never be seen again.

We are working on fixing this situation, but it can not be done overnight. We have made some mistakes in the past (particulary, in the summer), but we are making progress. We hope the progress that we are making, and the end result are satisfactory with our primetime readers.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now, that is what I call damage control!!! Thanks for the response and letting us know that this situation will be solved soon.

Now if we could get an official statement about the language filter. I may be over it now (or have realized it would take too much energy to 'fight the good fight' ) but it would still be nice to know the reasoning behind this decision.

--

Edit: Oh, all right, you provided an official statement on the language thing, too. Thanks.

Archived