Funny interview with Micheal Parks Atwt

• Members

During a recent visit to AS THE WORLD TURNS, Weekly witnessed some wacky hijinks (what happens in Oakdale stays in Oakdale), listened in on some heated political debates, and snagged a few minutes with the always-entertaining Michael Park to talk about Jack’s future.

"I can only see trouble for Jack," warns Park, lounging comfortably on the green room sofa and hauling out his imaginary crystal ball. "I can only see Jack being duped by a beautiful woman. He might fall in love and get his heart broken."

But don't suggest that the beautiful woman could have homicidal tendencies (cough Eve cough). “That wasn't his fault,” says Park, feigning defensiveness. “Don't bring that up. Let's not talk about the serial killer!”

Okay....Will Jack get to be more vocal (in the musical sense)? "Gwen’s the big rock 'n' roll star," Park laughs. "So, I don't know. Jack has moved into Oldsville. I think they're going to age Jack so Helen Wagner (Nancy) has a love interest!"

"I was talking about that with Maura West (Carly), because Parker and the other kids are all going to be 25 soon. Because of that, they're going to have to age Jack and Carly to 60 or 70, and then watch out, Carly, 'cause here comes Nancy! Nancy Hughes, the vixen!"

And Jack's romantic options don't stop there. Park grins at co-star Martha Byrne (Lily) when she stops by to grab a snack. "I think we should explore a little Jack and Lily," he suggests. "Actually, we could do a Jack/Lily/Holden threesome."

"Can you print that?" chuckles Byrne. "Depends on how you word it," Park quips before suggesting to Weekly, "They don't write scenes for Jack and Lily. There’s too much chemistry."

"Too much heat in the room right now," agrees an amused Byrne on her way out the door — leaving Park to contemplate more lucky ladies for Jack to woo.

"There is no real blood relation between Emma and Jack, so we could write something there," he muses. "She's not really his aunt. Her husband and his father were brothers."

"And if they do age Jack..." he poses before effortlessly assuming the persona of a network executive: "Hey, Michael, great 10-year run, but unfortunately we're aging the character so we will no longer need your services. Thank you so much for being a part of 50 years of ATWT."

So, who would play the aged nuJack? "John Forsythe (ex-Blake, DYNASTY)," cracks Park. "I was trying to be funny, but it actually does work.

"No!" he suddenly backpedals. "Randy Mantooth (ex-Hal)! He was Johnny Gage (on EMERGENCY!)."

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived