Rock Star: Supernova changes their name to

R!ck

• Members

zap2it.com

'Rock Star' Band Sort of Changes Its Name

Supernova will now be called Rock Star Supernova

September 19 2006

Gilby Clarke, Tommy Lee and Jason Newsted of 'Rock Star: Supernova'The band formerly known as Supernova -- the one from the TV show, not the one that blocked the TV band's use of the name -- has found a new moniker.

Kind of.

The crew from "Rock Star: Supernova" -- Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted, Gilby Clarke and newly anointed singer Lukas Rossi -- are abiding by a federal judge's order that they can't perform or record under the name Supernova. Another band with that name successfully argued that Lee et al, who had a full summer of shows on CBS to promote themselves, would damage their ability to compete in the marketplace and won an injunction last week.

Instead, according to several news accounts, the band will now call itself Rock Star Supernova. See the difference there? Some reports have the band retaining the colon from the title of the TV show, others do not. Without the punctuation, one could interpret the band's name as meaning there's so much star power in the group, it burns with the brightness of a massive galactic event.

Either way, Rock Star Supernova has released two of its songs with Rossi to Yahoo Music and is scheduled to record an album later this year and go on tour at the end of December.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I'm guessing this is the last installemt of the Rock Star series?

I'm just guessing, but after a group the series helped launch..actually took the name of the show the season they were spotlighted....:huh:....I just don't see another Rock Star: Anything...occurring anytime soon.

• Members

I guess I was the only one who liked Lukas.......LOL! I liked all four of the remaining singers but I honestly thought Lukas was the best fit. He didn't have the best voice but I think it suits their music. Oh well. As for the name change.....yes the fans of the show will know who they are but it sounds ridiculous!

Archived