Yet another quiz

Toadstool

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got 5 out of 8. I missed the Supercontinent question, the WW1 question (I thought WW1 started bc of the attack on Poland?), and then the members of Congress - I was off by 10 - I couldn't remember the # of House members.

I got all the others right, although I'll admit I had to guess on the Romeo/Juliet question as I only remembered the characters Romeo, Juliet, and Mercutio.

• Members

7 out of 8. I got the stupid last one wrong! Grrrrrr. The only choice I had heard of was Pangea b/c it was mentioned on that show Dinosaurs.

--Yeah, Blitzkrieg was a tactic used by Hitler and the Nazi army to invade Poland, which caused England and France to declare war on Germany, starting WWII. WWI broke out mostly b/c of alliances that the powers in Europe had formed in the years prior to it. It was sparked by the assination of the Archduke Ferdinand. I think Austria invaded Serbia, and then a whole bunch of other countries got involved via the alliance systems.

--I read R&J in 9th grade, but somehow remembered that Tybalt (Juliet's cousin) killed Mercutio (Romeo's friend), and then Romeo killed Tybalt, and then somehow Paris (the guy who was supposed to marry Juliet) dies too. So Benvolio was the only choice left. And Benvolio and Tybalt were foils, right? :lol: B/c Tybalt was the villain, and Benevolio's name is supposed to mean "good".

--The Geometry one was really hard. I know that the area of a triangle is 1/2BH (the base times the height, divided by 2), but I forgot all the mumbo-jumbo about formulas for isosceles triangles, so I used the Pythagorean (s/p) theorem to solve it...blah.

Archived