The Monica and Alan Appreciation Thread

IluvAandM

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I found these Leslie Charleson quotes (from Winter/Spring 2004) and thought I would share:

On the firing of John Ingle: I think I am continually amazed at what I have always thought was the "Grown-Ups In Charge" and to see the stupidity that goes on.

On the Towering Inferno SL: Kind of like everything else that is going on. We have been told time and time again that the budget cuts are forcing every department to cut back. Not only staff, but from wardrobe to make-up people and then all of a sudden they throw a great deal of money into two weeks of a building burning down. A lot of media exposure and visual effects, extra crew... a lot of things that if you can't do it properly, don't do it at all, is my feeling. If it was just to get rid of characters, I think that could've been done a different way. I guess their intent was to just get the audience for these two weeks. Maybe that did happen, but there was certainly no story moved forward anywhere and no characters developed. So in that sense I have to ask, "Why?"

On a SL for the Quartermaines: Since Tracy is back, I think the best of the Quartermaines has always been the infighting within the family. Monica vs. Tracy. Alan vs. Tracy, etc... Everyone duking it out within the family is the best. The things that have gone on with all of them in one room with them was always fun. You can come up with almost anything to create an argument. It doesn't take much. Monica and Tracy have always been at odds. There is so much history that the writers aren't taking advantage of. From what I have seen, it seems that the writers are more interested in action than in intelligent relationships and conflict within the Quartermaines. The Quartermaines aren't about who is stealing who from whom. It's been about really smart writing and it just makes me mad that you have all of that history there and you have actors who love to work... all they need is the words. They either don't want to do it or are not capable of doing it.

Credit goes to lesliecharleson.net.

Have I mentioned how much I :wub: Ms. Charleson?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived