AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Members

I really apperciate you LookingGlass.

Because it is the truth I am looking for, but also there was someone else about a yr ago, that claimed that Megan cycle is just like everyone elses.. She has 13 weeks.. And no I didnt look at the contract of MMTrash to quote it, but the person that gave me this info, has in the past been on the A game.

Anyhow I can't believe that Megan isnt leaving, and as you point out, the when is the problem.

I still think she is out this month, but I am a dreamer.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hear you AlwaysAMC... & the one thing that i know is MMTrash is on a 13 week cycle.

and so with that I'll disagree with LookingGlass.

The thing is LookingGlass has pretty much always said MMT isnt going, but just because I dont like hearing it, I will not say that it is wrong.

And I always thought Rosie would come on, she loved AMC or loves, and she really is a LaLucci fan, and so am I, but her coming on the view that day, I always thought Rosie would return the favor, in the false talk show.

the only thing that I am sure of, Is MMT is on 13 week cycle, is she gone ? I hope.

I talk to someone in a magazine, and I also asked LookingGlass the same question,

IF MMtrash email isnt working, then would Megan still be there without another email address.

LookingGlass said yes, because they use teleconfrence, but the magazine person said that no Megan would have to have email address, she then told me to go through ABC and request her new address, although why they would change the address wouldnt make sense.. My whole thought is would her email address if new and changed by TPTB because of whatever reason have to be made public. And yes, you can request her email address, but it can take days or weeks before the answer comes.

I still think MMT is gone this month.

One last thing, Did you notice that in the Fall previews that came out on ABC .. the Shhhh I have a secret.

That the other shows went wider and farther down the road, then AMC.. AMC only cover October. Nothing about November on that show.

• Members

I am sorry sometimes when I write something I really don't explain myself very well, so let me try again.

I didn't say that November sweeps weren't out and i know that MMT is still being "quoted".

I said in the ABC show SHHHH I got a secret, did you notice that AMC did not go far down the road, OLTL talked about Jess get married, and GH talked about Sam & Jason getting back together, but AMC only talked about things that happen the month of October, and I will stand by that.

Now I think when the spoiler are sent that are actually sent atleast 4 to 6 weeks ahead.. anyone here on SON could prob answer that. But with the magazines I believe that is true, and also that MMT quotes are given ahead of time and they release them as needed or as they make sense to the spoiler...

PLease anyone let me know if I am wrong.

• Members

I really don't know what to believe anymore. I want McT gone so badly that I get excited about any rumor. I do think that it is strange that she doesn't have an email address anymore. In this day and age, email is a vital form of communication and it wouldn't make sense not to have one especially in her position. And why would they change her email address at this point. She has had that address since she has been with the show.

And Errol has been very reliable in the past about inside info. So I think that it is entirely possible that McT is on her way out but it may have been delayed for some reason. Nov. sweeps is an important time for the ABC soaps so I am hoping that they don't do that well. Even though actors will be fired, changes need to be made. On the other hand, Frons is such a big idiot that I wouldn't be surprised if he kept her with the show. She may stay on until April or even longer.

So I am just waiting and hoping an announcement will be made soon. I think Errol said that we may hear something the end of Oct. or in Nov. In the meantime, I will not watch AMC until changes are made. The problem is that I am watching Y&R and I am really enjoying. I may not want to go back to AMC.

• Members

I have not seen these promo picks so I don't know what to say to that. If she taped anything it's news to me. Perhaps what you saw weren't pics of Susan appearing on The View!? I'm sure she'll pop up eventually though if you were looking forward to seeing her on the show :)

The only thing I've sworn up and down about is that Megan wasn't leaving when everyone and their mother was claiming she was. At the earliest I said later October (so maybe there will be good news soon). That's what brought me to this board in the first place; I found it in the summer when another site linked here to the report that Amanda Beall and Jeff Beldner were taking over.

Hopefully Megan will be canned soon enough and then I promise I'll shut the hell up. In the meantime, what I have to say may not be what people want to hear, but that does not mean it's wrong.

• Members

LOL... Sylph .. I love you, but I have to tell you that the time the thread was pulled about Megan I really felt that it border on " freedom " .

I also have to tell you that I am not the only one on this thread, but I will probably keep replying to it....

" Freedom" I love that more.

So close your eyes and you won't see the thread.. or dont reply on it and you won't do your part on keeping it on page one.

Because either Megan goes or this thread never will !!!

• Webmaster

For whatever reason, Jackie isn't posting. That doesn't mean she isn't reliable. Her information is as correct as it was then. If things have changed, that doesn't mean she was wrong, nor that I was wrong.

Just bc Armus' background is from NYPD Blue, that doesn't mean that is his only background. If you write fanfiction and you are a teacher, will you always write about the teaching industry? No. All a writer needs is information, and the words will come pouring out. In fact, NYPD Blue may have been about cops working at a police precinct, but they also told personal stories about the cops, sex lives, children, medical problems, etc. How hard is that? Very! Armus could write the same way for AMC or whatever soap, bc as a writer...they can write anything they put their minds to.

• Members

I think Burton could do a wonderful job writing for AMC because he knows the history of the show and from what I have heard about him, he seems to respect it. Plus, he hates the unabortion storyline and I think it needs to be changed/corrected. That is why I am still hoping that he is going to be taking over soon.

And this thread will probably keep going until its official that MCT is fired. Then we will start a new one to celebrate!!! I would imagine that [!@#$%^&*] is either a ghostwriter or no longer with AMC considering all the controversy surrounding her.

Errol, any word further word on when MCT is going if she is going? Or is the show still considering keeping her but bringing in a co-headwriter?? Thanks for keeping us informed. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Burton.

• Webmaster

The information I got was that Kola signed with AMC. I don't know in what capacity, I'd have to re-check the information.

The last I heard was the possibility of a Co-HW. Megan's contract is still in question, and as it stands no one knows when it is specifically over. Whenever it is over, under no circumstances will ABC renew it. No matter what Brian says, ABC will not pay for her beyond her current deal. Affiliates are now getting involved and they are not happy.

The same can be said about Dena Higley, and when her contract is up. No one knows for sure. But ABC will not renew it unless she has a good November. More importantly, all the soaps better have a good November or people are in trouble. As I stated before, ABC slashed the budgets of the 3 ABC soaps, and they will again if November is bad for them. The first people to go will be actors, then the writers, and then if that doesn't help, Frons himself.

It should also be noted that any budget that ABC does have left over for Daytime is being spent on marketing and promotion, which is why the GH promo was so good.

Archived