Everything posted by Faulkner
-
ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?
I was wondering about him and what his next role would be. People were spreading rumors that he was cast in the next X-Men.
-
BTG: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Loved Leslie reading Vanessa “Pot Meets Kettle” McBride. Re: the Soul Train dance line: LOL at the cutting away from Kial’s bad dancing and Martin/Smitty, who just seem more and more disconnected lately (curiously). But it was fun. Those moments are where BTG shines, and they actually have the budget to get a bunch of the cast in the same room.
-
BTG: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Very unpopular opinion: I’ve come to find Nicole boring and don’t care who she chooses (and that includes a down-the-line reunion with Ted). DD is a very capable actress, no doubt, but she needs a story that feels like it’s going somewhere. Kial is dull and flavorless. I’m surprised that I find Dani a thousand times more compelling, in part because they’re actually writing real story for her, and I’ve grown to enjoy KM immensely. I can’t even imagine saying that this time last year. Nick Hagelin has some miles on him and looks it. Those close-ups in Orphey Gene’s today…
-
What Are You Listening To?
- GH: State of Mind with Maurice Benard Discussion Thread
This is a great one with Rena Sofer:- Y&R: July 2026 Discussion Thread
This story with Billy and Jill’s “secret” concerning him just reeks of nonsense. What kind of retcon will be served up this time? Is JG going to throw a grenade on his way out?- BTG: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Ted was noticeably less involved and concerned when Martin had his injury during the tornado. He was all about his precious Eva. You’d never think they had a father/son relationship from those scenes.- BTG: July 2026 Discussion Thread
The age difference between KM and AP is surprisingly less extreme than I expected. Karla just reads younger (God bless her), as you say, which does matter. The real-life ages don’t matter as much as the ability to sustain the illusion. And YMMV. It’s definitely a problem when an actress is 31 years old (and lookin’ every day of it, as Karen Huger would say) playing a teenager. It’s giving Stockard Channing as Rizzo in Grease. I’ve never bought Martin as Nicole and Ted’s son for reasons that go beyond the small age difference. I’m curious about Angela Fairley’s age. It would not surprise me if she was 30, but it also wouldn’t bother me because I think she plays a young adult well.- B&B: July 2026 Discussion Thread
If this show were honest (HA), Ridge would be positioned as a villain. I still can’t get over him calling Hope a bitch and Brooke being ok with that. They’re both the worst.- BTG: July 2026 Discussion Thread
I liked Heather’s line about Martin’s approval ratings going through the roof if she offed Smitty (“America loves a grieving widower”). It just struck me as a very smart (and cynical) retort that a lot of dialogue writers would have missed. I’ve liked AJ since her Y&R days, so I’m glad she’s gotten an opportunity to play the heavy.- B&B: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Katie is proof that HT, as talented as she is, can’t save bad writing or a dull character. And that’s all she’d get as Victoria. Instead of groveling to her lame sisters, she’d be groveling to Victor.- B&B: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Not to derail this thread, but I think Victoria Newman is a cipher of a character regardless of who plays her, and Y&R likes it that way. The Newman family dynamics are so tired. HT returning wouldn’t change that (and I say that as someone who loved HT’s Victoria and still finds AH lukewarm, but, mostly, that stems from Y&R just being not good anymore). Back to B&B: Katie is also a cipher of a character, and while HT can turn on the intensity and waterworks, Katie has been mostly a wishy-washy perpetual victim in spite of the strength and fire that HT projects. Having her humiliated in front of those braying banshees was so typical, especially with those obnoxious Forresters as an audience. Like the Newmans, they are tired as hell.- B&B: July 2026 Discussion Thread
This show is unwatchable.- BTG: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Surf dudes with attitudes… totally. I see a lot of younger musicians doing ‘90s cosplay, but this was on the nose, especially with the Backstreet Boys hair.- BTG: Actor hints at potential exit
- Y&R: July 2026 Discussion Thread
- Daily Hotness
- B&B: July 2026 Spoilers
- BTG: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Love to see Kat dogwalk Bill. This was a good Hayley episode.- RIP: In Memoriam Thread
- Guiding Light Discussion Thread
- BTG: July 2026 Discussion Thread
I hope Deanna isn’t going to end up hurt by Joey or committed. At least there’s a sense of tension and real danger in this story, and Angela Fairley goes toe to toe with Jon Lindstrom, which is no small feat. Vanessa seems like a total dolt, though. I don’t feel like her stories have done her any favors.- BTG: July 2026 Discussion Thread
Didn’t he also treat Kat post-op (and she grilled him about his relationship with Nicole)?- The 53rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Discussion Thread
Quite a variety of scenes. I thought maybe she’d include her most vicious confrontation with Hayley, but I think she’s win-competitive, for sure. Funny that many of TKD’s submissions were with Clifton, who wasn’t nominated (and maybe he didn’t submit).- The 53rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Discussion Thread
It would’ve absolutely ridiculous for BTG not to have performed well. It’s not like the other soaps are setting a high bar of excellence. They’re all so bogged down and tired (even GH, although they’ve managed to be more nimble than the other aging shows). And that’s not to say that the Daytime Emmys are some gauge of quality, but the panel knows what time it is. This is the most interesting the Daytime Emmys have been in years with all of the fresh faces, and Tamara Tunie finally getting the nomination she was robbed of for so many years on ATWT. (I wish they had a larger platform for the ceremony, but alas, we’re in a different time.) Hopefully, if Emmys still matter, the other shows will be put on notice. - GH: State of Mind with Maurice Benard Discussion Thread
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.