Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Faulkner

Member
  • Joined

Everything posted by Faulkner

  1. I remember people being impressed with his performances surrounding the fallout from Martin’s reveal. The Emmys really love MM.
  2. GH really underperformed relative to recent history. Totally blanked in Supporting Actor, a category they’ve dominated in recent years.
  3. Oof. How did I miss Roger Howarth getting nominated? I’m actually really impressed overall with Best Supporting Actress. Amanda Setton ROCKED that Gio reveal on GH. Camryn’s story sucked but her acting wasn’t the reason.
  4. Aside from the Colby Nixon snub (and she really blossomed this year more than last), the right actors from BTG got nominated IMO.
  5. I watched yesterday and I thought the conversation with Dani/Andre had some fun psychological dynamics and interesting conflict. I like that Dani is self-destructive, has an odd trauma bond with Bill, and deflects (all very relatable flaws), and Andre notices her patterns and calls her out on them. And, very naturally, Dani puts up even bigger walls, partially out of guilt for the elevator boink. She’s a character with a lot of self-loathing, who loves nice things but feels she doesn’t deserve love in relationships, and I want the show to really go there with her, especially with her relationship to her parents, and not gloss them over.
  6. Such a weird announcement rollout. She’s almost guaranteed a nomination next year too (if not an outright win). Her scenes with KKL have been total Emmy bait.
  7. Outstanding Lead Performer in a Daytime Drama Series: ActressStacy Haiduk as Kristen DiMera, “Days of Our Lives” (Peacock [Corday Productions, Inc. | Sony Pictures Television]) Karla Mosley as Dani Dupree, “Beyond the Gates” (CBS) Michelle Stafford as Phyllis Summers, “The Young and the Restless” (CBS [Sony Pictures Television]) Heather Tom as Katie Logan, “The Bold and the Beautiful” (CBS [Bell-Phillip TV Productions, Inc.]) Tamara Tunie as Anita Williams Dupree, “Beyond the Gates” (CBS) LOLOLOL!
  8. Michelle Stafford is sort of tailor made for the Daytime Emmys. She’s got a big bag of tricks and she’s damn sure gonna show them all. Gotta say, the rollout of these nominees is wacky as hell.
  9. Steve Burton is the only person who feels deserving from that list. CLB in Lead is a joke.
  10. Speaking of Ozempic, have U.S. soaps done a story about a botched cosmetic surgery? Looks like Coronation Street did one (I didn’t see it).
  11. He had all the tools in the toolkit to be a movie star, but I’m glad he made his home (for much of his career) on daytime. A clip I found from his Locher Room interview re: working with Liz Hubbard. Like many of us here, I’m constantly drawn to old ATWT clips from the Marland era (so easy to simply drop in for a visit on any random episode and so satisfying in the way soaps haven’t been in a long time). He’s so enjoyable to watch, especially with Liz, Finn Carter, Lisa Brown, and Hillary B. Smith. Really anyone could shine in a scene with him; he was a chemistry magnet.
  12. B&B is still a rough watch for me too. I had started watching again (against my better judgment, because the BTG/Y&R crossover brought back my interest in soaps temporarily and the Katie/Brooke scenes looked promising). But watching feels like being beaten over the head. Conversations that go in circles for days. Hope stumbling around with that same vapid expression. The same stuff that made me peace out before.
  13. I’d love to have someone who cares about Bill Bell’s legacy in charge, but Lauralee Bell’s writing credits are quite meager, unless I’m missing something. Has she written plays or novels? Maybe she’d be better suited as a producer, since she’s been very actively pursuing that lane?
  14. I remember in hindsight wanting Dina to have more of a grande-dame arc. But did MA specifically agree to return for an Alzheimer’s story or am I misremembering? She was also very up there in age (and has since passed), so perhaps she wanted a closed arc.
  15. I hate when these shows make supposedly smart people do absolutely brain-dead things. Jack standing there running his mouth to Patty about what Diane and Kyle were doing drove me nuts. Why would you tell this lunatic the whole plan, then kick her out of the house like she wasn’t going to retaliate? Just to gloat? For ego? It takes me out of the story, because the second a character starts announcing every move to the enemy, I know we’re heading for some contrived disaster. And sure enough… I suppose it’s some action, which is good for JG-era Y&R? Also, Nikki with those eye bandages is giving SNL skit.
  16. These shows have so much contempt for their viewers.
  17. What happened with Liza 2.0 was such a letdown. I was so happy to see MW back in her element after that dreadful Tangie mess over on GL, but her reign of terror was short-lived. And she looked so fierce and fetching here.
  18. Just hope it’s not Joey and Vanessa.
  19. This show has fumbled so many promising young actors (especially Rory Gibson, whose innate sex appeal they didn’t even try to tap into, but also Loren Lott and Reylynn Caster). They have a sexy, charismatic star in Zuleyka Silver—possibly the most beautiful woman on TV, period—and have ZERO idea what to do with her. They have a generational talent in Courtney Hope and have no idea what to do with her (making Sally the town punching bag, failed girlboss, and Abbott/Newman concubine when she could’ve been a wonderful troublemaker). They bring over Lucas Adams, who is hot af, and drop him in a chemistry-free May/December romance when he obviously sparks elsewhere. Malpractice everywhere you look.
  20. Oh wow. And he usually only tweets when major soap stars pass away these days. Feels like the only critical voice we get from “the soap press” is from podcasters (who are more “superfans” than journalists). He should get a Substack.
  21. And there are a ton of out-of-work primetime writers at the moment, as folks in the industry are struggling these days. Might be an interesting idea. Obviously, daytime requires a whole different skill set. They’ve been open to experimenting with U.K. soap writers (to poor results, unfortunately).
  22. The scream I just scrumped. What a Friday night news dump!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.