Prospect Park Vs. ABC Disney: CASE DISMISSED

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think some people here are underestimating the passage of time. ABC barely cared about these shows 5 years ago, only somewhat cared 3 years ago, and now they've definitely moved on. This means literally NOTHING, and at the LEAST, it MIGHT mean some streaming offerings, but I highly doubt it. Nothing will come of this except maybe the yanking of all AMC/OLTL stuff from YouTube.

• Members

Given that other than The Chew, nothing they've put on has been of any ratings value (otherwise GH would be gone), I think they could have some mild interest, but not likely. But ABC is a shitty network anyway, which is why most of their shows keep going further down the toilet in ratings and quality. 

• Members

But when it's all said and done, and I'm wondering when I become this person, would they honestly consider going backwards? I feel like ending OLTL and AMC was like a weight lifted off their shoulders and there is no way in hell they'll ever go back to having to produce 500+ hours of new material a year again.

• Members

I think they had a smug idea that anything they put in those slots would be a big hit at a cheaper cost. It never really happened, and it also cost them viewers who generally haven't come back. I doubt they'd ever go back, but I wouldn't be shocked at some type of format with fewer episodes at some point. They are getting desperate enough...

• Members

I think you'd see ABC ceding the daypart to syndicated shows before it would ever willingly go back to soaps, assuming talk/news shows won't bear fruit. I'm not convinced ABC doesn't still want to shed GH from its lineup, too. (And, at this point, I think it would be a mercy killing, but that's me.)

However, for the sake of those who still watch and enjoy GH, I hope this doesn't mean ol' Frank won't sacrifice GH's waning year(s) trying to once more resuscitate a now-dead soap when the former needs all the help it can get with its own writing/acting, etc.

• Members

What I have found so annoying on the various FB groups devoted to soaps that otherwise I tend to just pay no attention to--is how many people see this as a win.  The same people who boycotted ABC and then (yes! in many cases) refused to watch the online versions because they were "online" or didn't have their fave actor--and now see this as a win.  Do they really think this means ABC has any intention of doing anything with the properties?  One person posted "I wish this had happened while Agnes Nixon was still alive--it might have saved her life to hear the good news."

Sit with that for a minute.

We now know Nixon was clearly involved with the online AMC.  We also know that some of the few bad words she has ever said in public towards anyone in her life were devoted to Frons (and Pratt). 

SIGH.

Yeah, it pains me to say it, but I think at this point it's pretty clear that Valentini deserves much of the blame directed at Carlivati (by no means the majority of it, but... I mean this was the guy who apparently bragged about auditioning guys in their underwear so, were the Ford Bros really Ron's fault?)

• Members

I understand it didn't work out financially, but i will forever feel grateful to Prospect for trying. They produced two damn good shows and had they had another 40 episodes of each, I think creatively they would've been amazing. Now as for where things stand now, it's just unrealistic to expect the shows to return. If anything I could see true remakes or reboots down the line, either as a web or summer series, but that's highly unlikely. 

The only thing fans should be hoping for or requesting is these shows streaming the reruns in Hulu or Netflix. That is it. Expecting anything more than that is unreasonable. And say they do stream the shows and it's successful, it would give them an incentive to reboot them. But as of now there is no demand and ABC just isn't concerned with soaps. 

• Members

Prospect Park was trash. do u know they didnt pay a single cent to any actor, producer or writer for their work. they all worked for free wtf. there lawsuit was a joke suing abc 95 million when they completed breach their agreements and couldnt pay licensing fees.  well no matter what happens i dont see really revivals what i would love to see is ABC partner with netflix to do amc or oltl in seasons. 

• Members

That can't happen because it was already established by RC/FV on OLTL that TSJ's Todd wasn't really Todd, but was Victor Jr., Todd's twin brother! And I don't think that ABC Daytime, FV, and Jelly will bring back any of the AMC & OLTL characters back on GH!

Archived