DAYS casting old role

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-valerie-grant

The show released a casting call for Dr. Valerie Grant, described as a gorgeous African-American woman in her mid-50s. The casting notice reads: "Courage and perseverance are two character traits that people admire her for the most. And while her experiences might have hardened other people and made them cynical, Valerie has grown into a wise and compassionate person – who still occasionally gets tripped up by her own mistakes." In 1976, Valerie was paired with Julie's son, David Banning, marking soaps' first interracial romance. Valerie was last seen in Salem in 1982. The show is seeking experienced actors for the recurring role, which will begin taping in mid-to-late May. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know I shouldn't be but I'm very excited about this.  Anyway, I can imagine for the next six months or so that it's going to be good, until the reality comes around.  At least Josh Griffith won't be around to kill her off.

• Members

Well that's certainly unexpected! Kudos to them for at least trying. I look forward to her 2018 arrival. 

Although, I know we were all hoping and praying for Sarah Horton when we opened up this thread, right? Right? :) 

That's an interesting article SOD posted about the aborted storyline with David/Valerie. Sad how hateful so much of the American public can be, but I guess we can celebrate how long we've come, seeing how many interracial couples they've featured on B&B, Y&R, etc in more recent years. Especially in the case of B&B's Rick & Maya, where the "big deal" about their relationship had nothing to do with skin color. 

Archived