B&B: Brad Bell interview

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He sounds almost demented in some bits. All the answers are perfectly acceptable, public-relations wise, and have clearly been rehearsed. I love that he admits to spending months not knowing what to do. It's obvious onscreen, which is why he keeps randomly bringing back older stories and redoing them until he finds something that sticks. He's completely run out of inspiration, save for a month or two here and there. He's done.

• Members

He has someone serving that function, Michael Minnis (who wrote terrific scripts on Y&R for a long time), and, like he said, Mulcahey helps out too. It's clearly not enough. Either those two are not good with coming up with story, or Bell's control and influence as headwriter is too strong. He needs to step down and put in a worthy successor, while retaining his executive producer credit.

• Members

I don't think the interview is that bad....but being said, I hope down the line they realized just how burned out Bradley has become (it's becoming more obvious onscreen and him saying he doesn't know what to do just makes it easier) and either give him a co-headwriter, or keep him on as producer but let someone else take over as HW. It's been almost 23 years so he will be fine...

Archived