Characters who used to interact heavily but barely have scenes anymore

• Members

I apologize in advance if there is already a thread about this somewhere. I'm new to posting on here even though I've been a member for several years. (I made an account years ago and forgot until recently)

Ive always been intrigued at the fact that some friendships on soaps used to make them seem like they were super tight until new head writers or different stories made them no longer interact and seem like strangers to each other. I will list a few examples

YR: Olivia/Ashley - When's the last time Ashley mentioned Olivia?

YR: Sharon/The Newmans - They are like strangers to each other on the show now it seems. Sharon exists in her own bubble away from everyone when for years Sharon's entire existence revolved around the Newmans.

PSSNS: Theresa/Fox - Does anyone remember how they used to interact all the time when Fox first came onto the show and then they suddenly stopped having scenes together when Fox ended up with Kay?

Im interested to see more.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Olivia hasn't been on the show for almost 4 years and the last time their friendship was shown was during the horrible "fetus in the fireplace story"....I'm sure the writers probably are not even aware Olivia was on the show....

As for Sharon, well all the Newmans now hate her so that's why she's rarely in stories with them....LOL

Yeah They stopped doing Theresa/Fox scenes mostly when he got with Kay but then when JH left and they got that horrible recast they never interacted more...

Now, (sorry for rambling btw LOL) anyways...

Y&R:
Jill/The Abbotts are the obvious ones :(

• Members

She was cool with Victor once upon a time but that's ceased in recent years. I find it jarring that she doesn't interact with the Abbotts anymore seeing as she was their stepsister once upon a time. 

I hated how Carly and Lisa's relationship was squashed into nothingness on ATWT and they never interacted or fixed their relationship after that. 

• Members

Ugh, I won't ever forget Thanksgiving 1998 when a drunk Lisa went chasing John and Carly to marry John for herself sadly it was the really last time Lisa would be used so actively. 

For Y&R: 

Nick and Phyllis. Even though I hated Phick, they haven't really had any scenes at all together since Togononi first joined. 

Neil and Victor. Even though Neil was Victor's right hand for almost twenty years, once Neil slipped out of Victor's influence and sphere they don't interact anymore. 

Phyllis and Lauren: They use to be friends but somehow they stopped being friends, I think it ended during the Daisy mess. 

The interesting thing about Christine and Victor was they never had interacted before until 1995, 

Days: 

Does Kate even still interact with either Roman or John? 

• Members

I don't mind Nick and Phyllis not interacting :D of course it's annoying when you think of the reasons (same with why she doesn't have scenes with Lauren these days) but I rather they just stay away from each other (though I HATE her and Jack)

others I thought of were Lily/Billy and Cane/Billy....they were mortal enemies until that stupid Philip debacle ended...

As for DOOL I was even gonna ask if Kate/Nicole still had scenes or even hated each other, but I saw them together on that 60's party episode a couple weeks ago...

• Members

Jill/ Billy Y&R   Jill/anyone, actually

Most of Port Charles' characters have been isolated to the people in their immediate story.  Lately this hasn't been bad, but PC used to have characters from all stories bump into each other. 

None of the shows have seemed like communities, though Salem's recent headwriter change seems to be remedying this.

• Members

Neil and Victor still interact. Remember Victor was all jealous because of Nikki and Neil's friendship recently? Around when Nikki killed Christine's baby. LOL

i was going to mention that I can't remember the last time I saw Kate and Roman in a scene together but I also don't watch DOOL very much anymore.

Kate & Nicole are currently in a Fashion storyline storyline with Theresa (UGH I hate her) but yeah. 

• Members

Many of Kate's past romantic connections are never mentioned. Kate & John? You'd think it never happened. Ditto with her and Roman. At least they keep an ongoing banter with her and Victor, when they do cross paths. Who knows, maybe they'll be endgame eventually.. 

Weren't Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson back on DAYS at the same time in 2012? The Jennifer/Kristen/Billie three musketeers could've been revisited, with all the original actresses back at the time. 

Archived