GH: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not that Jean Passanante is what anyone (...well, almost anyone...) would call a visionary, but what DOES she see in Christopher Whitesell's work to keep hiring him at almost every show she has worked on?  Is there something about his ability to weave together stories that I'm ignoring?  Is he fun to have around at story conferences and/or is able to take her and the network's notes with no push-back whatsoever?  Is whatever secret he must be holding over her head THAT juicy?  An explanation would be nice.

• Members

Chris Whitesell did the baby switch on days with Nicole and Sami it brought ratings and he also did the Kristen return storyline. There's talent there but in the end he faltered. Jean is a smart cookie and a visionary she has a slower pace for soaps that harkens back to Nixon and Bell. Make them wait give them payoff. Jean is giving us payoff and letting us savor every part of the climax of Liz comeuppance. Jean should be penning a new drama for HBO or showtime with Shelly. Just imagine how good it would be 

• Members

The baby switch on Days was good, so if he wrote that he wrote well.  I am not sure that I would call the current GH something to savor.  The new writing has a lot of FF material for those who don't find Jason or Sonny even remotely interesting, and lately we have been assaulted by Kiki sightings.  These new writers have put all their eggs in the Sonny/Jason basket and that is odd considering how a few years back GH admitted enough was enough with the Sason fetish.   Now it is back and if you don't care about Jason, Sam and Liz, or Sonny and Carly, you have absolutely nothing.   I give RC a lot of credit--he gave a lot of play to Luke, Anna, and many things completely unrelated to Jason.   Pity he foolishly reversed course and these new writers have vision of their own other than returning GH to the failed characters and story lines of 2006--clearly what they see as the glory days.

The reveal was a dud, nothing happened.  They went to talk to Helena and once again nothing happened.  Morgan's mental issues became just him showing the effects of too much coffee while holding a gun.   Anna spends all her time crying about killing a guy even though as a spy she has killed before.  Dillon had a movie and then for some reason they channeled Emily Litella and said "nevermind".  Dante and Lulu are having marriage difficulties but as a couple who hadn't had even a single story in six years why is this considered a bad thing?  Break them up already.  Then there is the onslaught of babies.  Why is Sabrina pregnant?  Did anyone cry when she lost the last baby, and when the actress was off the show for six months did anyone in the audience even notice?

• Members

And Carlos is/was scum of the earth. No one cared for him except apparently Sabrina. Bringing him back from the dead is such lazy uninspired writing.

I actually like the actor who plays Dillon but he can't act. The whole Lulu/Dante/Valerie is boring. Again the actress who plays Valerie can't act and why is she still in Port Charles? She doesn't even interact with her aunt Bobbie. Dante and Val have zero chemistry. I really don't care what happens with the trio but if I was writing this mess…I'd write off Dante and Valerie and pair Lulu with someone else on the canvas. 

• Members

Instead of thrusting Valerie into some stupid quadrangle with Dillon, Lulu and Dante they should have had her interact with Bobbie and the rest of the family more so we can, you know, actually give a damn. But she was nothing but a plot point and it was clear nearly from the start what her purpose was. Which is a shame. And yeah, the actress is pretty bad. Between Dillon, Valerie, Kiki, Morgan .... the show remains focused on all the wrong people

• Members

I have to say I'm surprised JP did not get rid of some of the characters from the canvas when she came aboard. When is the last time a new regime came on without giving a few actors their walking papers? In fact, she brought back on Carlos and Sloane (only to kill him off) and upped Felix and Epiphany's presence. It's odd that with a show this bloated that many characters didn't get the axe. I was convinced that Kiki, Nina, Rosalie were goners.

I actually like Valerie (haha, yup, I'm the only one--ducks for cover) but in order for her to work more, they should have her interact with some of her family (Carly, Lucas, Bobbie). Same goes for Dillon, have him interact more with Tracy, who is one of the best characters on this show. Weird that the writers refuse to do this. Funny thing is Lulu is such a boring character so I think having them away from her will do wonders, 

Even though I've warmed to Kiki (I know right), I will admit that she brings nothing to the show. 

Archived