Y&R: October 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

The whole Hilary, Devon, Neil story is just such a bore at this point.  I don't care about who is faking a ransom or any part of the story.  None of it makes any kind of sense.  They've made Neil a complete nut, and no one can figure out that it could POSSIBLY be him?  LOL.  They know she's somewhere in Genoa City but no one even thinks it could be Neil who has her?

And the Sharon nutso bipolar again redux.  A bore.  Everyone just forgives Sage?  Did Victor confront her...that would normally be his "thing"....she deceived them all for all this time, wouldn't he want to 'protect his familehhhhh!?'  I only saw it twice this week so maybe I've missed some stuff...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Sage and I like her with Nick.   Everyone is entitiled to their opinion IMHO GC just looks big, frumpy and plain.  To be fair, she is often in scenes with women who look like supermodels or center folds, so her shortcomings are really highlighted.  

No I don't like the character Sharon Newman. But I have nothing against the actress SC.  Why would I, I don't know the lady.  SC is an excellent actress and she is gorgeous

• Members

ICAM Fevuh.  These two storylines combined with the lack of anything interesting happening anywhere else on the canvas have made the show unwatchable for me.  I simple don't care to tune in and this is the first time since forever.  I've been loyal since I started watching but I just can't with the Winter's freaky bullcrap that makes no sense and ditto with Sharon.  They've taken the characters I like to watch and made them ridiculous.  I hope they get some new writers soon.

The thing I like about Sage and Nick is that Sage doesn't take Nick's crap.  She gets bitchy with him and stands up for herself even if she's wrong and that's a good thing AFAIC.  Sharon has turned into such a marshmallow trying to please whatever man's in her life that it's boring and icky at the same time.  This Phyllis looks like she could be Nick's mom, don't see any chemistry there, Avery was a disaster, so Sage it is for me at least for now.

• Members

The only reason Sage is allowed to be like this is because she's a pet and a plot point generator. Those who the writers have no love for are the ones constantly taking the abuse. You know the ones I'm talking about--the veteran, classic, multi-dimensional characters that the Y&R audience used to love. Those ones.

• Members

I know what you mean but I disagree for several reasons. First the ratings. If the vets had been bringing in the ratings, all those changes both behind the scenes and in front, would not have happened. Characters that have been around for 10, 15, 20 years or more, have done just about every soap SL there is to do, in many cases they have done them serveral or many times over!

Sometimes the writers are forced to write absurd SL's for those vets. Example: All these middle aged women getting pregnant or sterile men getting women pregnant.  Characters and actors age and the older they get, the harder it is to write believeable and interesting stories for them. 

• Members

+1

No.[!@#$%^&*].body is watching this show for KSu/Sage.  The implication is absurd.  The only reason this woman is around, and is able to get away with the shitty things she's done is because her head is up JFPs ass.

• Members

One thing we don't have to argue about.  The most important thing for any tv show is the ratings.  The second most important thing is attracting the 18-49 year old demo. There is a reason that there are only 4 soaps left on the air. And that reason ISN'T, I repeat IS NOT because they DON'T use the VETS!  At least Sage hasn't been going around in cirlces repeating the same SL's over and over again for the past 20+ years!

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Sag's story is nothing new. Nick meets girl. Girl has secret. Girl lies to Nick. Nick learns truth. Nick plays poor lied to, me.Nick gets on his high horse. Nick mad. Nick forgives. Girl has kid that may/ may not be his. Nick's sanctimonious ass rails against girl. Nick forgives girl(unless she's Sharon).. This story has been done to death!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

• Members

LOL I highly doubt KS/Sage is the reason so called multi dīmensional vets are supposedly getting abused character wise.  sounds like this is bout SC/Sharon for some.  Cray Cray Sharon has been written this way over the last 4 writing regimes,  and I see Hiliary & Chelsea, 2 former cons heralded as heroines like þheir past behavior is naught, GMÄB.

• I have ben liking the show s of late

• Members

Racism at this level would get you a swift kick in the pants. Sexism (hopefully) would not go unremarked. Apparently ageism is alive and well on SON.

Actually, I would enjoy seeing most of those people (excluding Victor who has been overexposed with inappropriate love partners) having love scenes. You can go make yourself something to drink if you don't like it, as I often do when watching Y&R.

Archived