Texas boy led away in Handcuffs for bringing homemade clock to school

alphanguy74

• Members

You WOULD expect this crap in Texas, would you not? People are getting more and more ridiculous. I shudder to think what today's reactionary freaks would have done with me, for around 3 years, I brought a homemade wheel of fortune game that I  had made, and me and other kids played it on the school bus. It spun on an 8 inch spike nail, and the "pegs" of the wheel were made of wire nails, points UP.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslim-boy-14-arrested-in-texas-after-teacher-mistakes-his-clock-for-bomb/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure you are disappointed because it wasn't a black person led out in handcuffs, but I think if anyone overreacted, it was law enforcement.  I don't believe the teacher was out of line, and I'm happy the school is backing her. Let's not act like a terrorist would not use a child to further a goal.  The teacher made an honest mistake.  Had the police not reacted so poorly, this would have never made national headlines.  The kid is now a hero and never has to worry about tuition for the remainder of his life.  Rich folks are lining up to give him everything.  

• Members

The idiots would be law enforcement who took things way too far.  

Public transportation has signs everywhere.  If you see something you believe is suspicious, say something.  The teacher reported, and it should have been handled by the principal and authorities.  The child could have remained in class and NO ONE would be the wiser.  

In similar news: this black kid jaywalked and look what happened:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/video-shows-nine-cops-arrest-crying-black-teen-for-jaywalking/

Who's offering to pay his tuition and set him up for life?  

• Members

Word is that poor kid is a Muslim. 

I'd like to know what that teacher would have done if the kid was any other ethnicity.

And I don't see anything wrong with what Amell said. As much as I hate the Cowboys, the amount of hatred and ridicule that's directed at Texas for years has been absolutely ridiculous, especially from people who claim to respect everyone.

• Members

Texas isn't an actual person, or religion - it's a state. There's a difference between saying something stupid about a state and profiling or attacking someone for their race or religion. That someone would look at what happened and their only concern is criticism of Texas is what surprised and upset some other people. 

Archived