Days: September 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the background about Ben. I thought that there would be more to the serial killer story than there is. But whenever I see someone anger Ben, I'm worried about them. With that said, I think Steve needs to come back to Salem ASAP. Once he finds Bo, he needs to help his brother's family. I'm really concerned about the Deveraux family with Ben running around. I don't think faux Roman could protect them like Uncle Steve could. So I hope Steve finds Bo quickly and comes back home. I'd like to see Steve in the Ben stalker story even if it's just tangential.

I really appreciate that lately characters aren't in their silos (as much). You see Marlena with Rafe and Abe not just John. I like how they're mixing up characters together. It was fun to see Theresa, Kate and Nicole together today. It looks like this storyline will help Theresa mature a little. I'm interested in seeing where this is going, especially with Theresa-today's Cinderella.....

• Members

Really liked today's episode.

Loved seeing Eric with Marlena and then Abe with Marlena. Finally Abe and Marlena share scenes. And they argued about Chad. I loooved Marlena's look as Abe threatened to charge her if she communicates with Chad. Or whatever. Good stuff.

I was LOLing so hard as Nicole and Kate talked all over Theresa, not include her, made her go get coffee, and then left when she came back with it. I like that HigGriff are fleshing out Theresa. I'm just not sold on Brady/Theresa. Maybe I can be under these writers. It's really great seeing the women being strong again and focusing on themselves and their careers (mostly ... lol)

Awww, notWill and Lucas having breakfast and talking. At least they're sharing scenes together finally. But then notWill disappeared, lol. Not that I'm complaining but they have zeeeero interest in writing for him, but he was a lot better today. Tomlin did a number on Will and let this poor actor last way too long in the role.

I wish I knew where they were going with Adrienne/Justin/Eve/Lucas (well, I sort of have an idea based on ... things). It's like they're just spinning their wheels here. Kassie was great again. Just soooo good.

And it's nice that Justin isn't as douchey and he's not yelling as much.

I have to say I think Griffith will be a terrific fit for DAYS. But it's so very early so we'll see. I do see his trademark slowness, yet things still happen and I'm still engaged. That's what matters. I'm engaged again and interested, even on slow days and with characters I'm not that thrilled to see.

• Members

Mon/Tues episodes were the best Higley/Griffith has done so far.  David Cherrell's scripts were top notch; his best in years!  Loved the music on Monday's episode.  Both episodes felt very Griffith to me:)  Show has massively improved.  I could even tolerate Josh Taylor's scenes with Missy Reeves.  But why are all the men wearing black?  I swear Bloore needs to go as costume designer.  Looking forward to the rest of the week.

• Members

Good episode today.

Caroline not knowing Kayla was heartbreaking. MBE and Peggy were fantastic together. I loved Victor and Julie's involvement. It's wonderful seeing Julie were she belongs and a true part of the canvas again. I also love that we're seeing Kayla's struggling with Caroline's illness as both a doctor and a daughter.

It's so nice that Maggie's mostly gone back to being how she should be and I can like her again. I liked her scenes with Hope, but it was all so both of them could be later involved in the Caroline drama.

Fun scenes with Aiden, Chase and Ciara. I liked them playing Monopoly together. Ciara and Chase are calling each other bro and sis. I'm very curious to see how their teenaged relationship will be handled.

Of course Aiden became Stefano and Andre's bitch today. Thaao was fantastic today as Andre more or less owned Aiden and Stefano sat by watching. Sort of how it should be.

Love seeing Chad working to prove his innocence, but of course the homeless dude doesn't want to go to the police station.

I like the slow introduction of Lani.

I'm glad Marlena told Rafe she doesn't believe Chad is guilty. Marlena's involvement is nice to see, and she's doing everything she should be doing.

It's nice to have so many characters back IN character and doing and saying things they should.

• Members

I totally agree. I LOVED what Caroline had today.

Last two days have been good.

I continue to love Kate/Theresa/Nicole. And I continue to like how Theresa is being fleshed out. Especially loved her scenes with Eve. And the music playing over the meeting scene was to die for for me.

It is so clear that Eric is heading back toward Nicole with the quickness. Since I missed a lot of their fallout post-Kristen, I'm for it. Especially if the writers do address...and I suspect they will...that he treated her like crap last go-around.

As for TODAY:

Did I mention I loved how Caroline looked.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry, Aiden. You should know not to tango with the Dimeras.

Love Chad continuing to be pro-active.

The Kayla focus and conflict has been great glue. Going off of Griff's interviews...it's so clear how much he love MBE because she's getting the writing. And it makes me wonder how long it's been since I've seen a relatable heroine.

How does one describe Griffith's writing if one did not see his run on Y&R...and I was one of the few that liked it...MOSTLY. Hmmmm...like what was said above, it is slow, but events are still going, development is still occurring. And I think the problem at Y&R was that there was nothing developing, but a lot of character moments with no payoff or progression...though I kinda disagree.

I knew I forgot something. Is it wrong, that I want this to happen so much. Lucas hasn't been centered for a while and I would love for him to be since he is one of my favorites. I'm totally itching for his schemer to pop out. And from what little of Justin/Adrienne history that I know about, it would be good to see since they would hold their own.

• Administrator

I like seeing the Kate/Nicole/Theresa and Justin/Adrienne/Lucas storylines but they are like C, D, or even E storylines.  At least one of the A storyline (Chad/Abby/Ben serial killer) or the B storyline (Bo/Steve/Hope/Aiden) needs to be on everyday because it ruins the momentum of the show when you only air storylines that are just beginning or aren't on as much. 

Kassie DePavia was miscast as Eve and her storyline did her no favors.

Under Griffith and Higley Billy Flynn has also managed to make Chad his own.  DOOL is far from perfect but i do love the effort being made. I'm loving the interaction between the characters and the use of history. They even brought back the piers missed the foggy dangerous and mysterious piers. Dool is still very much a work in progress but i love where it's going.I hope a major beloved character isn't killed but for The Red Necktie Murders to have a long lasting real impact that has to happened.

Archived