GH: Carlivati OUT! Passanante/Altman IN!!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I think the veteran ladies who are already there have very little to worry about. Jean's ATWT had a pretty conservative focus on teens and twentysomethings, and most of that was in the early half of her tenure, particularly summer of 2006 (the Raven Lake Slasher storyline, which was flawed but a good little teen summer story) and the following summer (Branson, MO storyline with Cleo). And it's not a forced assumption that those stories were most likely mandates.

She wrote for the likes of Lucinda and Barbara, and you saw the likes of Susan and Emma, though not nearly enough. In fact, IIRC, the only long-time vet she wrote out was Scott Bryce's Craig.

Basically.

• Members

I think Frank deserves a fair share of the blame. But pretending now that a) they weren't a unit and B) that you haven't been lavishing praise on both of them for years is kind of ridiculous.

• Members

Question 1 : Is Frank staying on as EP?? Have frank and Ron ever not been together?

Question 2: does this mean that GH's new material under new head writers will start airing around or shortly thereafter Days' new head writers material starts? I believe it does and this makes me sick as a Days fan considering how long we have been waiting!

Jean and Shelly are part of the same rinse wash and repeat cycle. It seems like Shelly has been better received than jean over the years but still - same old blood. At least one good thing it seems that when new writers take over ( regardless of who they are) the show gets exciting for a few months at least with old storylines wrapping and new ones starting) All my best to GH- as I've said before- the soaps thrive together and die together- I will never wish for a soap death because I want the genre to succeed.

• Administrator

Ron starts off very well. I loved his OLTL material before the strike happened and the first two months after the strike was over. He lost his touch when he did the time travel storyline. At GH, I really liked his first year, with the baby switch and Duke/Anna/Faison/Robin. To me, he lost his way when the OLTL trio returned. If he had just sticken to writing for GH characters and keep doing all those campy storylines (like the Faison and Cassadine plots), I think he would still be HW.

Marlene and Darrell weren't promoted at DAYS - they came on after they worked at Passions. I believe the most recent promotion to HW was Garin Wolf at GH.

Archived