July 22-26, 2013: Good Week For DAYS

Toups

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just read an interesting article in Variety about the networks' growing frustration with the Nielsen ratings as an accurate measure of their total viewers. But then they admit that the primary purpose of the Nielsen ratings is to establish a price point for advertisers. If that is the case, then Nielsen isn't trying to measure streaming or online views. Nielsen exists only to establish the advertising rates for TELEVISION! It is not really a report card.

• Members
theres only about 20K seperating last place from 3rd. Thats hardly significant and with the numbers so low and only 4 soaps left, it just keeps going back and forth. Being last place isnt as dire now as it was a few years ago after all.

Too bad B&B didnt drop. I want it to fall

• Members

Stories? Not much better than GH, but on BB, they are easy to follow. You don't have to connect the dots like on GH, but you can't blink. BB drives thru everything and does not give you time to enjoy real development. What BB does have is that it is visually stunning all around.

• Members

The dirty little secret of B&B was that none of these characters, except Steffy, had been relevant to the show in years and years. I just wish they had building blocks in place for a future. Hope/Liam/Rick aren't enough. I still wish they'd do more with Dayzee.

Archived