OLTL: Thursday, May 09, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members
thats one of my soap pet peeves. I hate when characters randomly appear on the middle of an episode. I prefer when all stories for that day are set up in the first segment and it feels choppy when a different angle is introduced midway through

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Matthew: "We dont need a tv either, we have our laptops. Thanks though" :lol:

Todd: "I'm just saying that plasma used to be the rule, but ive heard these days that LED is da bomb diggidy"

OMG!! He really said it like that laugh.png

LOL! That was the best scene. I can't wait for Dani/Matt/Jeff pad antics.

• Members

I like the contrast between how Jack and Dani both dealt with Todd today. It's very much in keeping with their attitudes toward him on ABC as well. Dani hates Todd when it's convenient. And it's a shallow "hate". To her, it's not a big deal, not a priority, which is why she accepted his money today.

Jack's issues with Todd run much deeper and are far more complex. And, unlike Dani, he's a mini-Todd. Of course he wasn't going to accept the bribe, because he'd see it as surrendering power and allowing Todd to feel good. So Jack keeps his pride and Todd is forced to work harder for Jack than he had to for Dani.

• Members

Man. I actually loved EVERYTHING about this episode. I just enjoyed it all. (Aside from technical things LOL)

So nice seeing Bo's office again! I just loved everything about "Bora Bora" today. Bo and Nora are wonderful to watch. These scenes are why I love watching them and care about them. And I like that they still have the heavy stuff, I'm sure there will be cases and of course Matthew and Destiny and Drew so I like their light, fun, character building, couple moments.

Well, I lied about loving everything ... I like Viki's office, and like Llanfair, suits her, but it makes me think she's at Llanfair every time even when they clearly stated was 'in the newsroom' and has a secretary (with a desk outside the door, you best believe I checked for that LOL) so. My gripe is her office but I'll get over it.

Oh my other technical gripe is the editing. Dorian sure can zip around town. Damn. It really isn't that major of a deal but I think they could at least spread the scenes out. I'm all for a faster pace but still ...

I liked how Dani is letting Todd buy her things and they both know exactly what they're doing. I'm enjoying the fact that Todd finally has a daughter who is how she probably should be. Not a pop singing heroine. I think she who shall not be named would be written better here. Or not because she was a 'heroine' for what felt like decades long. Dani in a sense was still a fresh slate.

Tea and Dani's attitude and their conversation was my everything. For some reason I just love seeing Tea dealing with Dani. I really like watching Tea actually be a mother to a daughter with just as fiery of a personality as she has. It's so much WIN. Everytime.

Oh, I noticed Victor being careful with some things but then not with others. There has to be a reason for that. Or it could just be a 'whoops' or it could just be something that won't ever matter. We'll see I guess.

Todd and Viki were wonderful. I really liked their scenes. I was glad Clint left. I missed these Todd/Viki moments.

LOVE Dorian in action today. And without her lap dog. YAY! Although I'm liking David so much more again now that he's not under Ron's pen.

• Members

The interraction between Matthew/Jeffrey/Dani is great. Loved Jeffrey flipping the finger, all the talk about masturbation, the rules, etc.

There might be more in this whole poisoning story, unless Victor changed his mind.

LOVE Dorian's scheme to take Viki down and how she's buying into it. This is going to be flipping fantastic.

Also liking the direction Bo and Nora are going in.

Archived