Which soap was the first you taped in your VHS video recorder??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i remember when i forst found the online soap world. it must have been 2001 when I was in 7th grade. I started to go into the AOL Soaps chat room. Well i got to know a lot of the posters on there and they were most older, and a lot of them started sending me old tapes of soaps they had (to my mothers work, who was very freaked out that retired people wanted to send her 12 yearold son stuff until she saw it really was soap stuff). I still have all of them, a ton of 80's Y&R and Days mostly. I also had a friend whos grandma died and they found a box of 100's of soap opera magaines from the 70's and 80's they gave to me, but it turned out only the top half were magazines and the bottom of each box were tapes of daytime tv from the 80's. I really should figure out how to upload these.

• Members

Probably OLTL and GH in the mid-80s. The earliest stuff I still have saved is when Anna, Frisco and Felicia were being held hostage by GL's Robert Newman and Alan Young (of Mr. Ed) under orders from Sean and Sean and Robert were fighting on the tram and Robert fell out to his presumed (and very brief)"death."

Some of those VHS tapes hold up pretty well over time.

Archived