ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In a turn of events I suspect none of us could ever have anticipated in a thousand years, Nafessa Williams (the infamous Deanna, OLTL) is on the master cast list of hundreds just released for David Lynch's Twin Peaks reboot on Showtime.

Yes, I did look for her reaction gif.

• Members

Vanessa Marcil in a June Weddings Hallmark movie

THE CONVENIENT GROOM - Saturday, June 18 (9 pm ET/PT, 8C)

Stars: Vanessa Marcil ("General Hospital," "Las Vegas")

In the charming New England town of Nantucket, Dr. Kate Lawrence, a celebrity relationship expert, shoots another dating advice video for her popular blog. Later, at a farmers market, Kate shops with her fiancé, Bryan, a handsome and perfectly polished businessman. There, Kate runs into Lucas Wright, a carpenter specializing in handcrafted furniture, who has had a crush on her since their high school days. Hoping to land a book deal, and urged by her aggressive show-business agent, Kate plans to publicly announce her engagement - and film the subsequent wedding arrangements for her blog - as a way to build her fanbase. At an upscale event, as Kate prepares to share the news, Bryan shocks her by breaking up with her and calling off the wedding. Wanting to save her from humiliation and protect her public image, Lucas steps in and pretends to be Kate's fiancé. With her career at risk, Kate reluctantly moves forward with her agent's plan to let the public continue believing that Lucas - whom she considers just a friend - is her soon-to-be husband. As a film crew shoots Kate and Lucas' wedding preparations, the counterfeit couple starts to develop real feelings for each other. When Lucas declares his affections, Kate panics and - fearing a relationship would end in heartbreak - pushes him away. As her career soars, Kate feels guilty about betraying her fans and decides to confess that Lucas is not her fiancé. But before Kate can apologize, Bryan's new girlfriend posts a viral video, exposing Kate as a liar and her engagement to Lucas as a fraud. With her career and life now in shambles, the young relationship expert learns an unexpected lesson about love, and sets out to revive the romance she let slip away.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2016/04/25/hallmark-channel-debuts-four-original-movies-this-june-for-its-june-weddings-celebration-532313/20160425hallmark01/#F3kgGMtiV6bDtRSG.99

THE WEDDING MARCH - Saturday, June 25 (9 pm ET/PT, 8C)

Stars: Jack Wagner ("The Bold & The Beautiful") and Josie Bissett

Olivia Parsons is a fortysomething home stager and single mom to her 20-year old daughter, Grace. Though she favors work over romance, Olivia plans to marry Josh Johnson, a prominent - and career-obsessed - New York realtor. At Grace's suggestion, Olivia agrees to have her wedding at a picturesque New England inn. When Olivia arrives at the inn, she's shocked to find it is owned and operated by her college sweetheart, former pop star Mick Turner (Jack Wagner, "When Calls the Heart," "The Bold & The Beautiful"). Having separated on bad terms over two decades ago, Olivia's chance reunion with Mick becomes even more awkward when her wedding band cancels and Mick's college-bound daughter, Julie, arranges for him to perform in their place. As the wedding day approaches, Olivia and Mick initially lock horns but soon, feelings for each other begin to resurface. Meanwhile, Josh learns that Mick is considering selling the inn and jumps at the chance to become his realtor, focusing on breaking into the New England real estate market instead of his upcoming marriage. When Grace and Julie notice sparks reigniting between their respective mom and dad, they subtly - and not so subtly - encourage the former couple to reunite. Though Olivia and Josh make a perfect team as business partners, Olivia starts to question whether they're romantically compatible - and wonders if romance might be more important to her than she originally thought. When Mick makes his true feelings known at the rehearsal dinner, Olivia must decide if she's going to walk down the aisle as planned, or give her first love a second chance.

Edited by frequentsoapfan

• Members

"Seduced," right?  I caught a repeat of it earlier this evening.  As I watched the movie, however, I couldn't understand why Elisabeth Rohm's character, who was supposed to be this incredibly intelligent businesswoman, couldn't see through his character's deception.  I mean, his cheesy Italian accent -- that should have been an immediate giveaway.  Then, whaddya know, his co-conspirator expressed to Rohm at the movie's climax the Exact. Same. Sentiments.  As if the writer had been reading my mind the entire time, lol.

• Members

I thought is Jon suppose to be acting as an Italian or is his acting that bad or its part of the plot….LOL…….the best scene was him without the tee…..LOL….

I use to like his music way back ….did he stop with his music career? I haven't seen him much in acting either..

• Members

Jon's character, Gavin (aka Michael), wasn't supposed to be Italian.  But, as his partner-in-crime said, he never could get the accent right, which made Rohm's character look like even MORE of a dunce, since it was apparent from the start that the accent was fake.  Like, "that's-a spicy meatball!" fake.