2012: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Dave Ryan joining Days as a (if I'm reading it correctly) breakdown writer is what stands out to me. Pretty lucky break for someone who has only written a handful of GH and AMC scripts and who, I believe, doesn't have a past with Tomlin.

I thought his AMC scripts were pretty good, 2nd behind Kate Hall in quality.

Is there any past Tomlin/Melissa Salmons connection?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I found that odd too. Tomlin usually hires people he worked with before or promote from within. Maybe they have the same agent.

I don't believe they worked together before, unless I'm missing information from their credits. But they probably know each other from working in the industry for such a long time and maybe Tomlin's always wanted to work with her.

• Members

Honestly, this is how it SHOULD read:

Gary Tomlin

Christopher Whitesell

Meg Bennett

Michelle Poteet Lisanti

Fran Myers

David Cherrill

Carolyn Culliton

Richard Culliton

Judith Donato

Courtney Simon

• Members

Melissa was on staff ((I believe) of ATWT when Broderick was HW. Melissa has a stellar reputation and spent years at GL and may have been at GL when Broderick was working with Demorest/Curlee. Salmons also did a stint at AW at the end as a script writer with the Cullitons. The Cullitons probably got her the job; they probably got Iacubuzio back too. Janet has followed or worked with the Cullitons for years.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived