AMC: Recent Pic of Kate Collins

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if the tptb realized how much they shot themselves in the foot choosing Kiberd over Collins. They got what two more good years of storyline out of Trevor when Collins left in 1993 (1995 was the really the last year that James was a leading man, or had a story worth anything).

Kate proved her ability to seamlessly flow between the different pieces of the AMC canvas from the Erica sphere (which at that time was very NY/Erica out of PV centric), to the Cortlandts sphere, to the Chandler's sphere, to the dark world of Wildwind. I can only imagine how much more interesting the Dimitri/Erica romance would have been if not only Jack was a spoiler, but Natalie too. She would have been the persistent bad-mouther of Erica's schemes...providing the foil that Angelique, Corvina, and Maria could never do.

I think a lot of Gloria's story lines could have seamlessly been given to Natalie (post-Stuart romance that is). I think Gloria was very much the new Natalie, and similarly, Babe after that. I think Annie has since taken on the mantle of town woman you cannot stand but love.

• Members

That's not a recent pic. I recognize the background as being outside the AMC studio - many years ago. That background is now a street and a building. The wall and trees in the background of that pic hasn't existsted for many years.

• Members

OK, an OLD pic then. The person who sent it to me told me it was recent; I also thought Kate looked too young (but attributed it to some surgical "tweaking").

Who cares, though? Kate is awesome! :)

I like her with the shorter & lighter hair (like in her last couple stints)...wasn't a fan of the long brown hair.

Archived