• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've watched April 16 so far.

I thought Nina and Chase handled the kid playing Phillip very well. Sweet scenes. It's painful to realize that Nina's apt set has now become Adam and Chelsea's sh*thole (with the Newman Enterprise doors) (and after being Malcolm's faboulus apartment, and Damon Porter's as well I think).

As always, Jack: zzzz. But I love and miss these mindgames.

Bell trying to do comedy with Cricket and Danny fell flat all the time.

I always forgot to ask: who is this Chase guy? And who were Nan, Skip and Carol, whom I saw in one of the previous episodes? I don't think they left a mark on the show.

• Members

Thanks for watching! smile.png

That kid was a handful wasn't he? haha, I always love how he keeps trying to grab everyone's nose, but I guess Tricia Cast didn't really want that, as she kept pushing his hand away.....it was still a cute scene....

I had no idea that Nina's apartment is now Adam and Chelsea's......weird, but I was wondering if they still used it....

I thought the Jack and Victor scenes were pretty good......the build up that led to nothing is classic Bill Bell that only he could pull off.

Cricket and Danny are always so cheesy in these episodes......I have to be honest and say I always roll my eyes when they pop up in most of my episodes because they had so much airtime between the 2 of them (Cricket especially) and they basically are just there for "comic relief" and cheesy one liners.....I read somewhere once that Michael Damian said he hated the dialogue they gave Danny and Cricket because it wasn't realistic or something....LOL at least we can't really fault Bell for that because I don't think he wrote the actual dialogue......I would love to know who did though....

Chase was basically hired by Jill to try to sweep Nina off her feet so that she wouldn't be able to manipulate Phillip with her son......he also worked at Jabot. He ended up actually developing feelings for Nina, but she had already fell in love and married David.....He just "disappeared" right around the time the David story reached the climax with Nina shooting him.....I believe he was on for about 3 years.......1988-1991.

Skip and Carol both worked at Jabot, he was a photographer and she was the Jabot secretary. They got married and around the time they wanted kids of their own....it was discovered it would be too risky with Carol and her disability and Skip had a low sperm count, so they decided to choose adoption. Nan was the girl who offered to give their baby to them, but as you will see on these episodes she started to have second thoughts and had this idea that if she could prove her boyfriend was the father, maybe they could all be a family.....anyways Skip also "disappeared" after the story finished later that year and Carol remained on in a completely minimal role until about 1993 or so.......I actually don't know how this story ended because unfortunately I don't have the episodes that show the end of it.....I do know that they got to keep the baby because Carol is seen holding her on the fourth of July 91 episode during the annual Abbott BBQ.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

I just watched the one where Katherine meets Marge.

Danny's return was very sweet. I was never a fan of Danny's but he worked well in this group of people and this era of the show.

David's disgusted face at Danny's return amused me.

Nina Arvesen gives a real tour de force in those agonizing later scenes as she realizes she has to say yes to Adrian. So many emotions.

At one time I would have been so wrapped up in all of Jack's angst over John but it's tough to care now.

Great cliffhanger with not knowing whether Marge or Katherine escaped the cabin. (I assume Marge since I don't know if Katherine would have left Esther behind...well that and the story isn't over yet). The part where Marge does her "Katherine" voice and Katherine reacts with shock - wonderful work from Jeanne.

• Members

What exactly was the situation with Michael Damian's first departure? Was it to focus on his music career? I know he had left that previous summer, and I believe in one of the 1989 synopses you posted they asked Lauralee Bell what her favorite romance was, and she talked about Danny and made it seem like he wasn't coming back......I assume that he was always meant to come back and it was just a break from the show, like Joseph years later.....

The Katherine/Marge scenes were great, I even forget that Jeanne had to film scenes as 2 different people because she is very convincing.....I loved Morey's part where he looked at them both and said he didn't know who was who, and then Lil chimed (to Marge) in that one was enough.....

I don't understand why SOD named this the "worst Duel Role" in their 1990 Best and Worst......They complained that watching Katherine and Esther in the cabin day after day was boring, but as you can see plenty of stuff happen that I wouldn't considered boring......Yes the wait is frustrating, but these are some of the most entertaining scenes coming from Jeanne in these episodes...

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

I think Lynne had more to do then Carol, even though I don't think she ever had a story of her own other then help Paul with his investigations......Carol was a bit more subtle I think.......It always pains me whenever I watch an old episode and you can see the frustration in Carol's face (most likely Christopher Templeton's in real life) of having nothing to do but take orders from the Abbotts.

At first I thought you meant John, but then I remembered that Carol had a crush on Jack. haha