YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just can't get over how far this show has fallen in terms of quality.  "The View" was never -- NEVER -- my cup of tea, but there was a time when I respected it more than I do now.  The panel was filled with bright, knowledgeable (or seemingly knowledgeable) women with varied POVs, who could discuss and, yes, disagree on important topics, yet still remain entertaining for their target audience of upscale, educated, middle-aged females.  But now...?  Now, even "RuPaul's Drag Race" is a more substantial program than "Whoopi & Friends."

• Members

Okay, today's episode...

First of all, I am a gay man, and I have nothing but support for transgender people. I'm not going to lie and say that I know a lot about their struggles, only my own.

Listening to Clay Aiken was irritating. I don't know what dog he had in the race, other than to insult most viewers, other than those that are LGBT...

Raven Symone: You never allowed the woman that was on defend herself or explain anything about the situation that occurred. Maybe she is a bigot, but  maybe she wasn't... We'll never know her side. 

I know plenty of homophobes, gay-haters, trans-haters, etc...I also know a bunch of people that I assumed were anti-gay around the time I came out, that were nothing but supportive. There were also a few that turned their backs on me that I never would have expected. This woman today was not able to finish the conversation. Raven also demanded to know why her 9 and 11 year old kids weren't given a talk about transgendered people.  I have two nieces in that age bracket, and they aren't mature enough to completely get the gist of the talk.They are playing with toys and swimming.  I found the first couple of segments both interesting and informative, but Raven's temper tantrums and shooshing the guest were unprofessional.   

WE ALREADY KNOW YOUR  POV...ALLOW OTHERS TO SHARE.

I've never really minded her ignorance, and because she grew up in the industry, we know she has been around all kinds of people. I'm glad she has a cause she's supportive of, but I found her behavior as offensive as the alleged bigot's.

Only my opinion....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I like the panel of Whoopi, Sara, Joy, Sunny and Jedidiah. I do not miss Paula, Candace or Raven at all. Just make the switch and call it a day. They practically already have. I mean, it's comical that three of the hosts in the opening credits aren't ever even on. Move on and let's name Sara, Sunny and Jedidah.

I fear we're stuck with Paula but hopefully not. Her absence is up there now with Raven. I'd say they're done but Paula seems like someone who knows how to get ahead and will use dirt and throw you under the bus to do so. All of a sudden this woman became the GMA Weekend co-anchor and The View co-host. Just something about her ....

Jedidah is a good combo of Nicolle/Paula so they need to stick with her if she's interested. Of course they could have just kept Nicolle the past few seasons ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

+1 at all the Nicolle love. She was great last season and I was sad she was axed and then replaced with Candace (how many shows did she appear on this season, 10?) and/or Paula (not a big fan, she just irks me the wrong way). I love the current panel. Keep Whoopi, Joy, Sarah, Sunny and Jedidah, kick Raven and replace her with anyone else. Literally. Anyone. Else.