The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Josh is by far the best in the competition, IMHO. He has powerful emotion in his voice, and he pulls you in.

He took top honors last night, followed closely by Melanie. I could have done without her over the top speech that seemed to never end, though.

Rachel and Marcus were the weakest. How do the judges not notice, or speak up, when the singers are CLEARLY off key? Marcus was especially bad, he hit a few off notes that made me cringe.

Astro was predictably good, but notice how he never actually apologized? Judging by his mother in the intro clip, I can see why he is such a little bastard. He's probably been encouraged to do so by her his whole life.

Both Astro and Lakoda Rayne need to go tonight; Astro for lack of humility and respect, and Lakoda Rayne for lack of talent.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!! Melanie really came out of her little shell last night, didn't she? I loved it & love her.

Girl was awful. So glad we don't have to suffer from her horrid vocal cords any longer!

LeRoy Bell continues to be boring

Josh does great every week but I still find him to be on the dull side.

Shawn stop hating on Lakoda Rayne, they are fantastic ;-)

Marcus was all over the place last night but with the deeply passionate, heartfelt tribute to his mother I think the judges just looked past it. LOL

Seriously. L.A. is 100% right about Drew every week. I think she looks pathetic when she "stands up" for herself. I don't think she even listens or cares about what L.A has to say. It's all in her head & she won't change. She'll continue to sound and act the same every week. DREW is NOTHING NEW.

I forget the hosts name but he is funny as hell the way he always trys to be on time w/production laugh.png And I loved how he broke up Simon & L.A's little argument after Drew's performance laugh.png

• Administrator

What was up with Melanie's breakdown!!?? When she broke out that accent, I had a WTF reaction. laugh.png And then Simon and LA's fight over Drew's song choice! LOL I didn't undertand LA's criticism that Drew should sing songs that are her age. I love how Paula corrected him and said that it was a Demi Lovato song. Come on, LA, you're music in the music biz! You should know better.

Rachel used to be a crack-baby??? That's INSANE! It makes me like her more knowing her story - her parents are so awesome.

What happened to Josh's daughter's mother? Did she die?

I love the girls in Lakoda Rayne and I love Taylor Swift, but I did not feel that performance. I hope they survive though.

Yup. Astro is going to be big in the future. Agree about his writing too. I think he still needs to work on his performance on stage but that will come in time.

I'm starting to like him more and more each week. I love that he's a 'musician' (can play mutiple instruments) and not just a singer. He's really good....but will he sell? That I don't know. I'm afraid if he wins, he'll be like another American Idol reject.

Alright, prediction........the person will the lowest vote will be Leroy Bell. Then the two that will 'sing for survival' will be Astro (or Drew) and Chris Rene. Chris Rene goes home. sad.png

• Administrator

Lakoda Rayne sad.png America just doesn't like groups I guess. Too bad this isn't the 90's/early 2000's. In the UK, groups are still big. So Paula has no more people and it's not even half way done yet - another thing I've never seen before in UK X-Factor.

I hope Lakoda Rayne gets signed by a record company. They have a lot of potential based on their looks alone. But they do have to work hard on their vocals.

Surprised Marcus was in the bottom three.

I hate double elimination weeks. Next season, they should start in early September to avoid these double eliminations.

• Members

America doesn't hate groups, Paula had mostly terrrible groups and did a bad job mentoring them. In particular, the song choices for both were horrendous. Then I still say she picked a weak lineup of 3. She also should've spread the vocals out with Stereo Hoggz. In general I'm so bored with this show. The contestants are so bland and the judges are picking such boring songs. It doesn't hold a candle to the UK show this season. I can't imagine who will win so they can say "Wow! This is what X Factor is about." Melanie would be a bland, floptastic American Idol winner (not that she'd ever win) so off the back of this show she'd have no shot.

I'm at the point now where they just need to try harder next season. Fire Paula and Nicole and get dynamic judges. Cast more interesting contestants. Do the traditional acoustic judges house performances. Bigger names for the live shows. Better host. Everything needs to improve. All the talent stayed with the UK show in terms of production.

• Members

The only true good performance last night was Melanie's. Wow! So amazing. I love her.

Astro only sang like two lyrics from Michael's song and then the rest were his. It's what he does every week. I find that pretty annoying...Can't he save that until after the competition when he gets his own record deal?

Simon still doesn't get it w/Drew. Still nothing new from her. No diversity, nothing upbeat, just safe & expected week after week. And I'm just annoyed by her every week for some reason. Bleh.

Starting to not care about Marcus. He really overdoes it I think. His voice can be so beautiful (I keep thinking back to his performance at LA Reid's house...), but times like tonight I really found it a bit unflattering and OTT. He needs to tone it down!

Chris & Rachel were not very good tonight. I want to like Josh but he's soo boring to me...

I just got the feeling overall that Michael's children (particularly his boys) did not want to be there. They seemed really uninterested to me. The smallest one made me LOL with his bored, shell shocked looks! I found him hilarious!

Archived