Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lovely. You know, the funny thing is, I didn't even make the GIF. It comes from Reddit, it's gone viral all over the Internet.

Of course I do not wish Mitt Romney dead. But I can think of no better representation for his campaign. I ain't gonna make a fuss, though. Max'll calm down.

Edited by Vee

• Members

All this bluster and outrage from the same person who posted a supposedly "funny" image which included a picture of the President in a Nazi uniform. What a hypocrite. I wanted to cuss his ass out for posting that image, but didn't bother and here he is having a meltdown.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

The context of the cartoon was that those on the fringe right thought that Obama was as bad as Hitler (while those on the fringe left thought he was as good as Jesus Christ), but in reality he was just like President Bush: not some terribly evil person, just incompetent. I can direct you to that cartoon if you have forgotten what it was about. Neither I nor the cartoon's artist thought Obama was a Nazi. Contrast Vee's animation, which showed the very process of Romney being burned alive.

Edit: Here is that cartoon:

247599_10151047968121841_1393859919_n.jpg

So, not only is he dressed up in a Nazi uniform, but Obama is also in a Superman costume and in Jesus' garb. But Ann, the way you may it sound, it is like you have implied that I think Obama is some sort of Nazi.

Edited by Max

• Members

LMAO! That's amazing! T2 is one of my favorite movies of all time! Now I want to see a Sarah Connor/Michelle Obama gif.

ETA: Oh yikes. I'm looking upthread and seeing outrage about this image. It's a sci-fi thing. Nothing more. Although the idea of Paul Ryan in the role of John Connor is offensive on a lot of levels.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Again, it's not "my" "animation," Max; it's a viral GIF that has been making the rounds of the Internet, with two dudes' heads stapled on a scene from Terminator 2.

And you and I both know there's plenty on the right who think Obama = Hitler. So your rationalization doesn't hold water. But unlike you, I don't care about it, and I'm not going to go around declaring you will burn in hell. Nor did I report you for your now-removed freakout post. But hey.

• Members

I am sorry for stating that it is your animation; that was my mistake.

I obviously don't want you to burn in hell, and I overreacted when I saw the animation. Please try to think at how Obama supporters would be feeling if they saw an identical animation if he had lost.

By the way, you are right that quite a few on the fringe right believe that Obama = Hitler. One of the reasons why I posted that cartoon was because I believe it contradicts that extreme and incorrect view. He is nowhere near as evil (or as good) as people think. When it comes down to it, I think he is an incompetent, two-term president (blessed with poor opposition) much like Bush, who leads a deeply polarized country.

Edited by Max

• Members

If it were remotely possible that Mitt Romney would be in a position to hug Paul Ryan then lower himself into a vat of molten steel in an abandoned foundry while others look on I might agree with you. (Although that's pretty much what his campaign was.

It looks to me like you didn't recognize the clip or where it was from. I get that. I don't recognize most of the reality-TV based gifs on this board. But please don't pretend that this rip off of a 20-year-old sci-fi movie is the same as pictures of bullet holes on the face of a president who has had an unprecedented level of threats against him and his family.

Let's look at this a different way. Do you believe that this image means I am questioning Mitt Romney's parentage?

Darth-Vader-Star-wars-meme-mitt-romney-i-am-your-father_thumb.jpg

• Members

I didn't realize that Cheney and Romney were related. All throughout the campaign the Democratic message seemed to be that Bush = Romney.

I certainly did not believe that the number of death threats that Romney received were anywhere near what Obama has received. Marceline, I am sorry if I gave you that impression. However, perhaps precisely because the threats of an Obama assassination remain so real, I think that there would have been a lot more outrage if the same gif had been made regarding Obama.

Edited by Max