The Politics Thread

• Members

The minions turn on their leader.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/bernie-sanders-booed-convention-226136?lo=ap_c2

Bernie probably didn't realize how many of his followers just love being outsiders and love the nihilism of Nader-think, and once he stops saying what they want to hear, they're done with him. These people want Trump to be President. They barely bother to hide it.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

CNN is saying its about 20% of BS supporters that are causing the ruckus. I can't believe those protesters of Bernie are yelling some of the same stuff the Trump supporters were spewing at the convention at Hillary and they want Bernie at the top of the ticket….laughable.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It's a tempest in a teapot. Like the abortive NeverTrump floor revolt last week, it will be forgotten by tonight.

As for the typical convention bounce, I'm not worrying about Trump's yet.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I am sure it will be but the democrats better get off their asses and start attacking the other side. Playing Mr. Nice Guy hasn't gained them anything and I am sure there is more dirt(emails) the Russian hackers will release.

No one can tell me that there is nothing in terms of Trumps connection to Russian financiers that can be dug up and leaked. Something needs to be done to discredit this man that can stick with Americans.

• Members

I don't know the media just turns their head and laughs. Well at least they did. I haven't seen anyone really challenge him head to head. Those debates were a joke and the media let him run all over them. And we know the democrats have a track record of complacency IMO.

• Members

I've seen the media challenge him plenty post-primary, when (some of them) realized they had to get serious. Some of it sticks, some of it doesn't. Some relapse, some don't. All you can do about it is keep pushing.

You can either talk about past behavior and track records or deal in what is actually happening. The DNC and Clinton have been running very effective ads against Trump for months.

• Members

I agree that The democrats have been running some effective ads. The one with children watching the TV while Trump says some of the awful things he's said is good.  I also wish they would break it down for people in simple of terms though. What happens if we don't pay our debts? What happens if we don't honor are commitment to allies? What happens if we actually managed to deport 11 million people?

Maybe even that wouldn't help, since I think Trump was on to something when he said he could shoot people and his followers wouldn't care. Maybe this is a little like Britexit in that there is a substantial portion of people who want to hurt the elite at any price.

• Members

Some of these people at the convention are, simply put boorish! They are chanting loudly for Bernie and the revolution but since many of the speakers have been minorities, it has the effect that they shouting down minorites- mainly women and blacks.  It looks truly distasteful!:angry:

• Members

Yeah, they're trying to shout down Elijah Cummings. They also called John Lewis a sellout a few months back.

It's shitty but I do think it'll all amount to about as much as the #NeverTrump agita come tonight or tomorrow. It's just that social media (and right wing/Berniebro spam trolling on Twitter) makes things look much bigger than they actually are.

• Members

Oh it must depend on the markets because I haven't seen any anti Trump Clinton ads here.

I did see the one today with the kids watching Trump on TV. First one I have seen. That one is scary and effective. But I like the idea of simplification. That stuff sticks with people.

And honestly I would love the answer to what would happen if we don't pay our debts because I really have no idea what would actually happen. I think trump thinks you can just screw other countries like he has screwed vendors and it's no problem. The US will just file bankruptcy.