Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Personally, I think he's still a republican. he just said that for ratings. to get him off the hook with republicans who probably kept contacting his sorry ass (after he and his fiance' helped get Trump elected) and demanding he shut up about Trump. 

• Members

^ I didn't even know that Joe and Kelly existed until recently. I kept seeing people talk about Morning Joe, but I only watch CNBC and CNN. Point being I got quite a kick out of "Failure Friday" and "Felony Friday", but I didn't know they were Pro Trump at one point. Failure Friday had to be killing 45. I saw a clip and it made me incredibly happy.

• Members

they defended almost everything he did for access. he would call into their show. he actually congratulated them fro being supporters of his. then, after he got 'elected', it just stopped. then they started calling him out.....but MO is that they did this because their ratings wen through the roof. same thing with MSNBC and CNN.....they talk Trump 25/8 because of ratings. same crap from 5am-10pm. 

• Members

Ironic how many rural voters went for Trump, who barked about bad trade/no trade...they will likely be the biggest losers of the TPP withdrawal (good luck getting U.S. goods into the Asian agricultural market without elevated trade tariffs and inspection standards)

Trade is almost as old as man.  What many who voted for Trump don't realize is that trade flows both ways (benefits and drawbacks alike). No one gets "the perfect deal". Anyone who promises this is a liar and won't be able to deliver, ergo Trump. Sad that people were so consumed with undoing the legacy of the Black president that they were willing to lose out on so much.

Although Brexit is somewhat different, there is now a thing called "The Brexit effect" where the U.K. stands to be locked out of the EU markets, including trade. It's already having an effect on the British pound and the U.K. economy as multi-national corporations and financial institutions pull up stakes and migrate out of England. It will be interesting to see whether London (which voted to Remain in the EU) can remain Europe's banking center and one of the world's most prominent financial markets.

Like the EU countries with the U.K.' departure, the remaining TPP countries no longer believe that they need the U.S. to keep the pact vital-- they are now willing to work around the U.S.' absence to seal the pact.  

One only wonders, if a year from now the U.S. will be trying to somehow get a way into the pact sideways the way some states/government entities are already trying to get into some aspect of the Paris Climate Accord after they just elected to withdraw!

• Members

I hate to seem cruel toward others, but again, they knew Trump was a snake when they brought him in.  He never hid the fact that he was an out-and-out bastard who would deceive and evade and contradict his way into the WH.  As a matter of fact, he seemed to revel in it.  Ergo, if these people and others feel screwed now because they chose to listen to someone who told them only what they wanted to hear, then they have only themselves to blame.  They MUST own voting for Trump and everything that decision entailed, just like people like me must own voting third-party or not at all.

Edited by Khan

• Members

But do they? I imagine some of them do, but the people who voted for him see the world in a fundamentally (pun not intended, but it sure works) different way then we do.  I'm talking about his base here and not just people who voted for him because they hated Hillary and other ridiculous reasons.