OLTL:Michael Easton to Stay

• Members

One of my oh-so-helpful suds fans just alerted me to the following posting on Michael Easton's website. Looks like Llanview's broody copper, John McBain, is sticking around on One Life to Live. Maybe now the guy will finally have something to crack a smile about.... ;)

[On the afternoon of Wednesday, August 9] ABC and Michael Easton came to a tentative agreement that will keep the actor on One Life to Live beyond the expiration of his contract at the end of the month. Terms of the agreement were not immediately available.

From Michael to the fans: "So here we go again. Got a lot of work to do. Gonna work harder. Dream bigger. And here's to the second time around being even sweeter. Thank you for standing by me, thick and thin, without you this is meaningless. I won't ever forget. With love and respect, Michael"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whoa! I feel sorry for OLTL fans. You thought your ratings were low now: you haven't seen anything yet. ME re-signed because he knows that brooding/non-acting crap he does won't work in Primetime. It didn't work for Steve Burton and it won't work for him either.

So off to the Wizard's OLTL goes! Good luck. The screen-hogger remains.

• Members

This was obvious from the get go. And honestly, all the antics the show did (especially with the mags egging it on) was all BS. It's a famous antic from OLTL too it seems. It's all to garner support and show how popular he is. If Easton wanted to go and if the show didn't want to keep him they would have let him go off the bat, the old fashioned soap way. Easton is not bad but his character sucks and has dragged the show down. But soaps never learn anyways. They must have the one character that hogs the airtime pointlessly.

Archived