Big Brother Australia

Cheap21

• Members

the new season just debuted Sunday. Anyone watching/keeping up with it.? I am bc I saw it last year and loved the Australian edition. It was my BB fix till the US one premiered. This year they hyped the twist as the first ever in any BB and its that two housemates had a special relationship. It turned out that 2 of them are mother and daughter. If they can make it till the next week without being detected then they are free from nominations that week but if they are caught, they are automatically up for eviction. I wonder if anyone will find them out bc they do look alike

The second twist is actually one taken from last year's UK BB. Oneof the housemates was chosen to be an insider and basically will be given missions throughout the week that will make life uncomfortable for the rest of the houseguests. The first mission was to poor a bottle of water on someone's mattress. I thought it was implemented better on the UK BB bc Makosi, the insider, was an outright !@#$%^&*]. It was hilarious...lol

Overall Im liking the houseguests. One thing I have to say is that the en are hot. Uusally theres only a few I find really attractive but these guys look good, especially Jamie, Gaelen, Dino and Ashley. Im rooting for them to stay in a while, especially the first 2. I noticed that they put more girls in the house than guys which is probably wise since the women tend to get picked off first

There's probably going to be no prize money by the time the season is over. In the first 2 days, they've already ranked up $100,000 in penalties! Oh this version of BB gives out penalties for rules broken and thats taken from the million dollar prize.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cheap! I am totally following it! I'm a BB addict! I downloaded all the daily shows last year; I'm probably not gonna do that until later once the housemates dwindle. That's when it gets more interesting.

I'm enjoying the twists this season. Karen/Krystal, David as an openly gay man back int he closet (well, actually he's out now) and Michael as the insider. It's a good group this year, I think. I disliked most of the guys last year (except Tim) and a lot of the women, too (minus Vesna and Kate). This year, so far so good. I really don't hate anyone - yet.

And yes, it was smart of BB to put in more women. They are ALWAYS picked off. The funny thing last year was that almost all the women were gone and we had like six guys to two girls so they added all these female intruders and then one by one the guys were gone, leaving Greg (who won) and Tim (who was runner up) with like six women. LOL.

But the thing is there would of been even MORE girls this year. There were 16 houseguests, but one girl Gina, got glandular fever and had to back out at the last minute. I assume they might add her as an intruder later on down the road.

I love Aussie and UK BB. So much fun. I love ours too, but it's nice to have those two BB's cause they are so different and fill the void in between.

• Members

Oh I hated Tim last year! I thought he was overated and couldnt stand him. My favorite guy was Dean. I know he was a jerk but I liked his personality and how he kept missing eviction desite being nominated every week. I didnt like how Tim nominated him for 2 points every time. I also liked Nelson, Hotdogs and Logan. I cant remember which one was the nice one but I didnt like the one that was mean to Vesna. For the girls, Vesna was my favorite but I also liked Katie, Michelle, and Constance (wish she had stayed longer). I coudlnt stand Rita! She was so annoying.

I cant stand Michael so far. He came off as so arrogant in his pre-interview and looks so slimy. I hope that was all talk, bc Im hoping he's out quick. I didnt care for David in his pre-interview either. They said he was an international model but when I saw him, I was like okay, he doesnt look all that. I dont really have any HG that Im really feeling yet but I'll have to watch abit more. Oh what is up with Elise's eyebrows? She doesnt have any!

What I like about BB Australia is that Big Brother is like an actual houseguests. He's more of a presence in the house and he's so mean to them. The one thing I didnt like and its probably bc of the setting was that there was like no diversity. Everyone was white and they were all young. The oldest one there was 29 and she was treated as being old. It felt like a college frat/sorrority club. I still liked it though. I cant wait for the UK edition to debut bc I really enjoyed it last year and they were better when it came to picking a wide variety of houseguests. They were all different and alot more diverse. Its fun watching 3 editions of the show. Its still BB, but they are different and each have their own twist and way of doing things

• Members

I live in Australia and watch BB.

I am wondering if Michael will discover the relationship between Karen and Krystal.

Link to the BB06 website http://bigbrother.3mobile.com.au/

Last year I actually went up to the Gold Coast for a week and was able to get into the BB house, it was amazing to see how small it was compared to the first one and it looks so large on the TV.

Edith

• Members

Well, Tim was a bit overrated but compared to some other guys, I liked him. Greg and David were okay at times but overall so boring. Glenn was a pig. Michael was horrible. Dean was fun. I did like Dean. I was always laughing when he kept evading eviction.

Rita was okay at first but got really horrible. Christie was okay and I did semi-like Geneva, despite her attitude. And yeah, I wish Constance had lasted longer. I was pissed she and Nelson were taken out. And Kate rocked. I loved her, LOL.

Overall, I like this years group better for some reason. Gaelen and John are boring to me. Claire is too.

And this year the oldest is Karen, at 36. So far only she has really made it an issue.

• Members

Sunday night looks like it is going to be interesting. Two evictions one by house mates and not sure on the other. I think that Camilla will be one but not sure of the other.

And Gaelan through in a little bit of a twist last night after the Friday Night Games by saying that he and the chick that he took into the rewards room have a brother/sister relationship after being asked if he would get it on with her. And he said this to Michael.

Not sure if I have photo's of the house as I also had my video camera but I will see if I can find any and post pictures cause I think that my nephew may have photos.

• Members

This story appeared in our sunday paper today.

I really don't get the stupidity of some people.

So what if people are different skin color's, support different religon's or have different sexual preference's at the end of the day we all bleed the same color.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...255E661,00.html

0,1658,5146657,00.jpg

Big Brother star bashed

By LUCY CARNE

30apr06

THE Big Brother star who this week tearfully outed himself on TV was the victim of a violent gay bashing that left him bloodied and unconscious.

As this picture reveals, farmer David Graham, 26, who is the early favourite to win the show, paid an almost fatal price for his lifestyle.

The former Melburnian, who now lives in Queensland, was brutally beaten by five men and left for dead in a pool of blood after leaving a popular Brisbane gay nightspot in the early hours of January 22.

He was making his way to his ute parked in a side street when he was set upon by a gang of men throwing rocks and bottles.

The attack is believed to be part of a wave of anti-gay violence.

In an interview several weeks before he entered the Big Brother house, David said he tried unsuccessfully to placate his attackers.

"But before I knew it there were guys behind me and they were just beating the back of my head," he said.

"All I can remember after that is the pain. They absolutely beat the s--- out of me.

"My mate said they just kicked me while I was on the ground until they thought I'd had enough or they were scared they had killed me."

The assault left him with severe bruising across his face and body.

"My whole face was a mess of blood," he said.

"I was taken to the hospital and was in and out of unconscious for two hours.

"If you've been bashed by five guys you would expect there to be some type of internal injuries or brain damage after the kicks I took to the head -- thank God there wasn't."

His sister Linda Graham, 32, of Brisbane, yesterday said the early morning telephone call informing her David had been found bashed in a dark street was "one of the most horrific moments of my life".

"To be called at 4am and told by your friends they've found your little brother unconscious and covered in blood . . . it's horrifying," she said.

But rather than harbour anger or bitterness towards his attackers, she said David had moved forward in life.

"He is incredibly positive and such an intelligent person," she said.

"After the bashing he said 'Hey, things happen, but you could die tomorrow, so why look at the negatives when you can celebrate the positives'."

Linda said David's initial reluctance to reveal his sexual orientation to the nation was his way of breaking down gay stereotypes and putting a realistic face to homosexuality.

• Members

HUGE developments!

On Day 8 in the Big Brother Oz house, Karen and Krystal made it a week without being discovered! They revealed their secret to everyone. But what also happened was that TWO people were evicted by the houseguests for being "most annoying." Anna and Camilla were then "evicted" to a revenge room, where they get to partake in torturing their former housemates. The two will re-enter the house on Tuesday night during John's 21st birthday party.

Hee.... I can't wait!

• Members

The housemates seemed to be taking the news about Karen and Krystal well. None of them seemed to be really upset except for maybe Michael who is automatically up for eviction next Sunday.

Yes the revenge room was very surprising I wonder how they would go about seeking their revenge.

I don't think that Anna will last to much longer in the house regardless. She may be exempt this week from eviction but there is still the following week.

Both Anna and Camilla have been given the opportunity to change themselves to make them a little more liked, but I don't think Anna will change much.

• Members

Yeah. Anna was never well liked. Camilla not so much either.

I don't think Michael will get evicted by the public. He's too entertaining. It will be interesting when nominations happen. This group is a bit hard to read, nominations are always a toss up.

• Members

Well, nominations happened!

Tilli, Elise and Ashley were originally nominated, but Gaelen, as Head of House, saved Ashley by removing three points off his tally. This pushed Claire and Dino into the nomination chairs with Tilli and Elise. And Michael is also nominated for his failure to complete the Insider task.

So, according to the unofficial poll on the official website, Elise is leading the vote to who people think will go on Sunday (I agree) with 47%. Michael and Tilli are tied with the next amount (22/23%). Claire and Dino both have 4% (thank god cause I like them most).

• Members

I just saw the evi ction show and I was happy to see Anna and Camilla evicted bc I cant stand them. I also wanted Michael out. I was upset about the revenge room at first bc I really dony want to see them reneter the house but the concept is interesting

• Members

And I believe I've heard the first real eviction show of the Season (this Sunday) is actually a double ... interesting. Maybe one nominated houseguest is evicted by the public while a revenge room evictee is truly evicted? Just a guess..

Archived