DAYS: July 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They didn’t waste any time with NuGabi, didn’t they lol but at least she got Stefan to finally get rid of the mustache

Please register in order to view this content

Today was very… ehhhh though. 

Tate being sent off to camp and him and Holly possibly running away together doesn’t seem all that interesting though. I still say they should use Brady and Theresa’s night together and Theresa being engaged to Alex to cause problems between Tate and them, and also between him and Holly. That could have been good, especially if they somehow bring Aaron and Sophia into it too. 

Same can be said for Ava and Melinda being offered jobs at Dimera. It’s just not interesting. 

I did like the Holly/Eric scenes though. They have such a good relationship and it’s kinda that that’s not going to be played into the storyline anymore. 

• Members

Meanwhile, I'd kind of be there for the return of Brian.

It's always been ironic to me that Brian (the stuffy one) was played by an actor in the band Dogstar with Keanu Reeves, and Tanner (the rebel) was played by a comic book nerd. 

You can't judge a book by its cover…

• Members

I actually liked Brian lol.  Much more than Tanner.   I don't even think Molly/Tanner were that bad.  It was just the propping and Julie spent like all of 1992 just trying to get them together and that felt like a real waste of a legendary character lol.

I think she lacks some of CB's innate charisma, but she isn't bad

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

And besides, knowing Ron he’d bring Tanner back but he’d suddenly be a vampire.

Btw, wtf was this nonsense at the end of the article about having him be Jack and Steve’s brother as a way to bring him back into the show? 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Didn't Vern and Jo actually get married? He appeared with her in the 2000s a few times. So Tanner has actually been Jack and Steve's step-brother for like 30 years... meaning there would be no need for some convoluted retcon because they are family, for all intents and purposes. Not that we need Tanner or Easton.

Edited by Michael

• Members
Posted (edited)

OK, Holly's line about either being grounded or in a coma all year was pretty funny.  But, how is she grounded if she's at the pub?

It does get to the point that certain people interact so infrequently that I don't know how they feel about each other.  For example, Ava and Kristen, do they have any reason to hate each other?  I have no memory of their relationship.  I know Kristen was close with Lani, but now she doesn't care when Lani comes to visit Salem.  Meanwhile, I'm glad Ava's not going to work at the Pub, although did she even put in a full week's work?  And is she still going to live there?

And now Melinda reminds us that she doesn't like Kristen because she killed her daughter.  But, nobody seems to hold it over Lani's head that she killed Stefan.  I guess resurrection and an out-of-town jail sentence cures all wounds.

Finally, jokes aside, we know that writers don't hire actors and cast characters, right?  I mean, they're busy enough and the union wouldn't allow it.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I liked her… for a while lol the writing didn’t do her any favors these last few years. Gabi went from a young grey heroine to a heartless monster that seemed to get off on other people’s pain and misery. To the point that I thought Nick was a prince, compared to all the things Gabi had done and didn’t care at all that she went to prison for a crime that she didn’t commit. 

We’ll see what happens with NuGabi lol 

I don’t like it either lol 

And I did seem some chemistry with BB too