The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Love this from Karen at Wubs in her WubTub Blog:

Oh, Tracy so loves Luke, doesn't she? This is about the only perfect relationship that Guza's gotten right. Tracy and Luke are just so right for the circumstances. We know the whole "Luke and Laura" thing, but the Tracy and Luke thing FITS!

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OT: Hehe. Teachers are so funny when the power goes out. I was in a faculty lounge for this department reception (I'm such a geek) with a whole bunch of teachers and a couple other students, and the lights just went off. :o It was campus wide and into the neighborhood close by (luckily, I was able to reset my VCR, should Tracy bless us with her presence this afternoon). Anyway, they were all, "How are we going to have class? There are no windows. We have presentations! I am not cancelling class." Then, some other teachers entered the lounge, all asking each other what was going on and when it was going to be back on. No one knew anything. :lol: It's back now though. This one professor had said he was going to go by the window to present this award in the light. Then, he walked by the window, and lo and behold, the lights just came back on!!!! (about 30 minutes from the time we lost power) Anyhoo. Majorly. Off. Topic. But I wanted to share. It was a lot more amusing in my head. Now, I must head out before I'm late!!!

• Members

Somebody on SZ's live post mentioned they wanted "Tarcy's" hair, which makes me think OUR GIRL is ON today. Unless there's yet ANOTHER new character with the highly unlikely name of "Tarcy."

Edit: Just read the recaps of Segments 1&2. It's official. Luke has lost his freaking mind.

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

I have returned!

*checking recaps*

Oh. My. God. SERIOUSLY?!? :o (I bet you all want to highlight the black bars now)

So, I've just seen Luke, Dillon, Lulu, and Scott in this last half hour or so, but if Tracy's hair looks like it did yesterday, I can guarantee I'm not going to like it. :P

Edit: Now that I have watched, I have some comments. DON'T READ THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

_

_

_

_

1. Not enough Tracy. (3 scenes total)

2. Where. Is. The. Oomph? If I mail my blow dryer to TIIC and leave a little note and a picture of the hair, do you think they will understand?

3. Psst. Tracy. It's day time. Why are you wearing clothes that resemble pajamas? (purple SoapTalk jacket, tree cutting jacket, DiLu boathouse jacket).

4. Luke, are you serious? You want her to put on the blonde wig to impersonate Laura? For real?

5. Alan is just adorable today. Really! You'll want to hug him.

6. Speaking of Alan, he and Tracy both thought the wig was so Luke could fantasize that Tracy was Laura. To quote Alan: This goes way beyond oopsie-daisy. I love Alan today!

7. Not clear on the "real thing" dialogue. I didn't get Luke was referring to Laura as his real love. I got it as, "Here. Tracy, you be Fake!Laura, so I can get the real one out. Obviously, not much better, but still...

8. Remember the Sweeps Spoilers: How far will she go? Maybe she'll agree to Luke's plan after all. Hope he's got a way of getting her out of there though. I had to laugh at Luke's dialogue about it being The ShadyBrook Caper.

9. LUKE! Step away from Tracy's son! Oh, I wish Tracy walked in on him practically cornering Dillon like that. Lulu actually came to the rescue. Figure that one out.

10. Ok. Luke and Lulu previews. They're at the Q's. No Tracy. No Tracy in the breakdowns either, but maybe, maybe, maybe she'll appear? I've convinced myself she's just gone to her bedroom to blow dry her hair. Oh, and to change her clothes. :P

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Ok, first of all, while I have always loved my Prince Charming, after today I'm officialy in love with ghost Alan!! He was fantastic. My only complaint is that they clearly cut something between when he asked her to impersonate Laura and when she came back into the room in the next scene. 1)when did she leave, 2)he opologized for offending her about the "real one" thing, but she never said anything about it between when he said it and the opology, and 3)nothing to do with a cut, but ghost alan should seriously kick his ass for suggesting she impersonate her own competition, the damned heartless fool!!

MF, you may be slipping off the bus... I've always been a walker. If this keeps up I'm officially off any and all couples transportation and I'm sticking to a nice brisk walk with my good friend Tracy.

Nex: hope you had fun at Disney!

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! Hoping to keep this up and actually have time to go to the gym. Who am I kidding, I have to finish my pic and then I'll be between editing my book and crazily typing away and checking in here!! Clearly I'm deticated to the wrong things, but oh well.

OT: my friend Louise (she's a hair stylest who works out of her house since she had her last baby a year ago) asked me if I wanted to do manicure at her house when she has her clients. I'm debating it. I did mine b/c I got bored the other night and she saw them, which is why she asked. I can do it juts on weekends and I would be getting all the money which, even if I didn't get a single tip, would be great for me who, since I'm out of school but still technically enrolled (oh yeah, my teach still hasn't given me a grade so I've gone to the board of hgher education to straighten it out), has no insurance. I'm thinking it may be a yes, but I just wanted to say it outload, or... type it and see what I think about it.

anyway... I'll talk to you all later.

another OT: Sorry, one more! My aunt started a foundation to open some schools in India last year. It costs next to nothing to get a whole school built and opened there, I guess. She spent some time there after law school and has always felt very connected to India. When I stayed with her 2 years ago she said when she goes back I have to come with her. She's going for a month in January for her foundation and I may get to go with her as long as I can take my classes over the internet. I'm more thrilled about that than anything else for a while!!! How many chances do you get for that trip? Plus I get to go with someone who's been thera nd knows all the really great things to do (and I can get to practic yoga there, which I'm sure is no different, but it will seem like it)

Ok, just wanted to share

• Members

Ms. Q: Thanks for the link to the clips!

nex: thanks for editing them together. :)

Hooray for finally catching up on GH! Sadly I was on a soaps and internet vacation in Ireland. The closest I got to any soaps was this really bad Australian faux GH serial that was on one morning as I was getting ready for the day. Overall I was pleased with the Metro Court scenes. Jane is so amazing. The scene was so honest. So good. It does feel like they cut some material. Was the end of the clip really it? JE has such an incredulous look that it seems like the scene should continue.

Ireland was amazing! Greener than you can imagine, lovely and relaxing. We got a really good deal on tickets. We had looked into doing one of those vacation package deals in March--Dan Dooley had some good ones for the early spring--but Mr. Brownstonegirl couldn't get the time off so we pushed the trip back to April which actually turned out well because it coincided with my birthday. :D

~brownstonegirl

PS. knh: congrats! I've been meaning to make an appointment with a nutritionist and you've convinced me that I should just go ahead and do it. I'm also in my healthy weight range (but slowly creeping toward the upper reaches of that range...) and with my crazy busy job, it's hard to find the time to eat right and take good care of myself. Did you find the program your nutritionist put you on to be manageable in terms of the time you need to put into it (the shopping, the food prep etc) and what you can and can't have? With the jet lag I've actually managed to get to the gym every morning this week. We'll see if that lasts once I can sleep past 6am. ;)

PPS. Ms.Q: I love AMAZED!

• Members

LeSwoon! I just had a date with Prince Dreamy McDamon! That's right--my first Netflix DVD showed up, and it was Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella, starring Leslie Ann Warren and Stuart Damon. Now most of you are too young to remember this, but they played this sucker on television every year for the first ten years of my life. And I'm telling you, my sisters and I had our little butts plopped in front of the TV for every single showing. Stuart's singing voice was amazing--he was really a good tenor. Very handsome, in an urban ethnic sort of way, even with the hair helmet. Nice legs, too.

As for our girl--Oh, I saw today's episode. Wow. Luke, you are such an idiot. I'm serious, a total idiot. But ghost!Prince McDreamy, uh, ghost!Alan made up for it with his little speech. I loved the look on Tracy's face as she was listening to him talk to Luke. Like, wow, my hero.

So, Luke, you're a frackin' moron. You don't deserve her. Alan, you're a Prince Charming. Tracy, wow, babe, you really should just switch over to women. You have cruddy taste in men, even when they rock your world.

Oh, and hideous fates of life--I was mentaficcing a Tracy and Paul reunion on the drive home. Please kill it before it grows and, god forbid, reproduces.....

I'm in the break room for a little while. http://pub13.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/1049349012

• Members

brownstonegirl I'm having a really easy time with it actually. Even with the initial cheating to wean myself off of the sugars (hersheys kissables were a bad thing for me!) it's not that bad. It's going to sound like a common sense thing, but it's a lot of salads and veggies and things like that. The trick was how everything is put together. You need to have protein and fiber with everything so that it won't breakdown into fat instead of energy, so first 2 days are eggs for breakfast. Crackers and cheese for snack. Salad with tuna for lunch (tunas the protein since I don't eat meat, otherwise it's chicken). 1/2 pasta with tuna, carrots and peas for snack and salad, a white fish and a veggie for dinner. Third day is oatmeal with berries for breakfast, everything else is the same except dinner has pasta with tomato sauce salad and a fish. It's really simple, like I said, but the trick is the protein and that day 3 is the "fat day". That tricks your body into forgetting you're on a diet so you won't plateau. That's what I was told and it seems to be working, so I'm stickin' to it!! I know that's more than you asked, but to answer your question, yeah it's easy, there's nothing that I'm not already buying or eating, so money wise, time wise it's fine.

MF Totally watched that movie all the time growing up!!!! I have it on tape... I know I'm younger than a lot of the people on here, but I definately watched it everytime it was on. I even watched it when I was at my family's house in Tennessee. They have a tv but they don't turn it on when they go down, so I was the nly one to put it on and it was just to watch Cinderella. I loved him in it, and Celeste Holme as the fairy godmother. It's fantastic for anyone who hasn't seen it, pull a minervafan and rent!!!! Oh, and I'd like to tell you to kill the story a-brewin' in that crative little head of yours, but who am I kidding, I want to read it.

Edited by knh

• Members

knh, that'll be so cool if you get to go with your aunt. Also, I'm thinking something was cut, but that "real thing" dialogue confused me. I think I mentioned this earlier (or maybe it was at SOC), but he was talking about getting the real Laura out of ShadyBrook. But then 10 minutes later, or whatever, he apologizes for calling Laura the real thing, as in his real love. Made. No. Sense.

brownstonegirl, happy belated birthday! :D

Sorry I missed you in the breakroom, MinervaFan. I was in the campus library, which is a very, very popular time this time of year. :lol: It's sort of amusing to me, actually.

LOL, Lainey. I'm not sure if Luke buying a blonde wig for Tracy to wear is good stuff, but HERE ARE THE CLIPS. Credit Geena. There's Lulu, Dillon, Scotty, Jason, Lucky, and Elizabeth in them too. That's just how she edited them today. Anyway, despite the wig, I guess we did get some good lines. Tracy to Alan: All marriages have their little secrets. You know that better than most. Alan: I have gone out of my way to warn you; I show up with thunder in my hands... :lol: Alan was being a good big brother today.

• Members

Are TIIC killing our couple or what???

I haven't been "feelin'" LuNacy since the metrocourt! Actually I wasn't "feelin'" them at the metrocourt either, but I'm sure if their scenes hadn't been cut, I would be feeling differently right now. Here it is Tracy rips Luke a new one telling him, she is sick and tired of waiting for him to accept the fact the Laura is gone, and the next thing you know she is trying to help him. I mean, what was said or what happened at the metrocourt to change how she felt about things?? Something we didn't get to hear or see obviously. They are making Luke look even more abusive toward our girl than ever and they are making Tracy look pathetic and it is sooooo annoying the hell out of me.

The only good thing about Tuesday's epi, was Luke calling her "baby" (twice), and Tracy's expression when Alan called Scott a toad. Oh yeah, and that the Q's are going to try and help Luke out. The only good thing about Wednesday's epi was Alan! I like that he is talking to Tracy about other stuff besides the will. Loved Alan talking to Luke about Tracy and Tracy's expression when she heard him. Liked that Alan said Tracy loves Luke and that Luke loves Tracy (as much as he can).

I haven't seen our couple sparkle in a while. Even when they used to fight they sprakled, but I haven't seen it lately. And it bothers me.

oh yeah, and I liked Tracy's hair both days. It beats how her hair looked when she was with Scott - eek! or Paul for that matter. I didn't mind the recycled red Jacket from Tues, but those pearls with it looked ridiculous. And I liked the pajama thingy whatever it is she wore today. That thing is sheer and you can see through it :o. LOL not much though just the straps of the "shell" whatever it is she wearing under it.

Edited by TracyLuv