Instagram embeds spilling/breaking into page

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Fyi regarding what I posted about zoom settings on browser,
I now remember that this was an issue *unrelated* to the ig issue.
When someone/anyone posted an image (just an image, not a social media post),
the image would spill outside the message box in the view of my browser,
if I had my browser zoom settings higher than 100%, but it would magically fix itself if I returned my browser to normal 100% zoom display.  So that was an image issue and not an instagram issue.

• Members

Something weird happens with Spoutible embeds, particularly when you use the quote function in any post containing a Spoutible embedded post. The quoted text gets muddled into the regular post, so it looks like the quote is one that I made in my post, instead of me commenting on something another posted wrote.

Also, embedded images and text look much smaller, compared to X and Instagram embedded content. I had assumed the problem was solely on Spoutible’s end but seeing there are similar issues with embedded content from other social media platforms, now I’m not so sure.

@janea4old @Maxim Are you using tablets, by any chance?

• Members

Not only me, but Liberty too.  I'm on completely updated new laptop, new windows, new browser. Nothing outdated. 

P.S - I am so jealous of you able to enjoy Windows 7 - it was the last amazing Windows. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

It used to be that  if you posted an "x.com" tweet within a SON post, it wouldn't embed, so all we would see was the URL of the x.com tweet.
But posting a "twitter.com" tweet within a SON post would embed fine.
When posting here at SON, we had to manually edit the URLs of tweets to say "twitter.com" instead of "x.com" - so that it would embed.

Just recently, that somehow got fixed -- so now it doesn't matter if you use "x.com" or "twitter.com" -- both formats will embed now.   I assume there was a messageboard software update?

It used to be that you  if you posted the URL of an instagram post within your SON post here, it would not embed, and all that would display was the URL of the ig post.
In order to embed an IG post within your messageboard post here, you had to use the sourcecode of the ig post.   

Now @Liberty City mentioned abovethread that ig posts will now embed by simply posting the URL without the sourcecode, so that must be a recent change?  (and that's what's causing the spillover display for some of us).

@Errol did both of those updates recently happen?

Edited by janea4old

• Members
Posted (edited)

Currently (8:52am PDT, 11:52am EDT) when I go to @Liberty City's post 
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/66788-instagram-embeds-spillingbreaking-into-page/#comment-1932736
I don't see the Maura West ig spilling over -- in fact I don't see the Maura West IG at all anymore now (but I did yesterday see it spilling).   Instead, I now see a horizontal gray line where the MW ig was, followed by the text of liberty's post talking about sourcecode.

screengrab of what I now see:

Edited by janea4old

• 2 weeks later...