• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am the actual worst about any fantasy casting.  I have no imagination and also am horrible with people's ages.  I am sure there is a blonde actress in her 40's? that could take on Sami.  

Chanel I could see.  She was quite open about her bisexuality and wanted to be with Talia.  Allie-not so sure.  She just seemed confused in general.

• Members

I am also hopeless. Besides the fact that I keep coming back to GT!!! 

There is talk of a "new" kind of sexuality.  "Demisexuality means being sexually attracted to someone only when you have an emotional bond with them." People have used it to explain, e.g., why a woman might be otherwise str8, but could still be emotionally & sexually attracted to a SPECIFIC woman. I think people have come up with this because of specific women who are with men all their lives but then they fall in love with one woman at one point in their lives & then no others. 

• Members

You are correct.  I misspoke.  She didn't say she was bisexual.  She said she was fluid.   But I think that means she's open to female relationships in the future although she's married now so the point is moot (until Johnny/Chanel divorce lol).

• Members

This prom stuff -- the timing of it all -- is ridiculous and hilarious.

This is reminiscent of Y&R proms of decades ago when they were held in the dead of summer rather than in April or May. DAYS has taken it one step further.

Seems you can decide to attend THE DAY OF PROM. No worries about getting tickets, getting a dress/tux, or finding a date at the last minute. Of course, since no one is attending school, I guess there's time for all of those.

• Members

I highly doubt Allie is going to be involved in a relationship with another woman ever again; I never really bought her as someone who would actually be attracted to women anyway, much less be in a relationship with one. Chanel is a lot more believable but unless she and Johnny break up I don't see her getting involved with another woman ever again. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I know.   No school is having a prom on June 20th lol.  

Can't you buy Prom tickets at Prom though?  I thought you could if you were a student, but it was more expensive.  I went to High school many moons ago, so I could be wrong lol.  With Brady/Theresa chaperoning my expectations are low about security.  Theresa needs to spend the time verbally threatening a teenage girl instead.

Please register in order to view this content

Also, it's lame to hold a prom in the school gym even I had proms in "fancy" Hiltons

Holly's dress wasn't super special or ornate, so I can buy she just had that in her closet and I am sure Dr. Mark Greene had a tux lying around for Aaron to wear because he just feels like he would.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Men are issued a tux as soon as they move into any soap town. 

Rich or poor, it doesn't matter. From former merchant marine Bo Brady to international spy Shane Donovan, every dude has a closet full of formal attire (both black tie and white tie appropriate).  Just like, every woman has a gorgeous dress on their wedding day that they've never had to shop for or go for fittings. 

And my favorite, there's always a bucket of fresh ice on the living room ready to make a drink at all hours of the day.

• Members

Honestly, I live in Vegas currently and you can rent a tux in like 5 mins so that wasn't entirely crazy to me. 

You can also rent a wedding dress in that time and most of these ladies are super tiny so anything would look good on them, but I do get the logistical point.

The bucket/bar set up has always been a goal of mine.  It just seems fancy, but I have yet to make a bar set up with liquor/ice/mixers/garnish ready.  #GOALS

• Members

Around here, you can't buy tickets at prom, and there's a cut-off date a week or two before. Maybe other schools permit day-of.

Chaperones were teachers, not parents who can put a damper on all of it. Also, I'm most familiar with proms that start at the gym for a few hours, then go somewhere else for "Post Prom."

I just had to LOL at all of DAYS' prom choices -- such as all those helium balloons by the lockers. Decorate thee gym? Yeah. But the locker area leading to the gym? No. I guess DAYS had an extra $20. to spend.

Yes, and there's all that liquor that's been poured into decanters to leave out on a table. I mean, who does that?

• Members

That would’ve been great to explore, but for some reason, they didn’t take that route.

It was almost like somebody had a bias against the character of Allie

Please register in order to view this content

Ehh… still not as bad as when Passions held their HS prom after 4th of July

• Members
Posted (edited)

Lol!  I can't really recall my prom tickets details and I promise I graduated within the current century.  

I just went to a regular public high school and our prom wasn't tacky in the gym.  It was in a ballroom at a mid-tier hotel.  I don't remember random parents being allowed to be chaperones, but IIRC Marlena/John and Bo/Hope were chaperones at the last blast dance so it's following a narrative.

Does liquor go bad though?  You can leave straight whiskey/vodka/scotch out right?  At least for a few years and since EJ/Stefan drink whiskey for breakfast I assume it doesn't last that long.

It is almost like someone disliked Allie and LA.  Weird

Edited by carolineg