• Members

I would really like a candid interview with Bob Guza about his time at GH. Every era, from scripts with PFS and Monty to every run as HW. And someone asking the real questions. Starting with-

What was your working relationship with Riche like?

Who made the demand to kill off Alan? According to Michele Val Jean it wasn’t Guza.

Was there really supposed to be more between Dante and Brenda than shown that Vanessa nixed?

What was the original plan for Laura when Guza/Pratt took over that was allegedly changed when Genie quit. Also why didn’t Laura return in any lasting way?

How much did Guza hate Courtney? As much as the fans or no?

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I absolutely believe that they were supposed to have fúcked. I think the kid could've even been his initially. She and Dominic had considerable chemistry. But I guess in the end I'm glad it didn't go there romance-wise.

I also wonder what the Laura/Rick story in 2002 initially had planned. One version I heard which may be untrue is that initially, the nurse in the attic in flashbacks with Rick was Bobbie. It seems clear that the basis for the story was Chuck Pratt's own childhood trauma story from Melrose Place, with Alison remembering her molestation by her father in the attic of their family house - rumors also exist that this was the original aim on GH too, and that Genie vetoed it. Then there is the whole medical consortium subplot, where Rick apparently came to town as part of a cabal scheming to take over GH. None of that really came to fruition. So I'm really curious what was on the books and if any of it could've worked.

• Members

From what I have gathered through Vanessa's appearances and interview since the story was exactly what we thought.  Dante and Brenda were together and the kid was his.  Brenda gave birth to Sonny's grandchild.   That would have been a lot to overcome for Sonny/Brenda fans.  I could have survived them screwing because they didn't know one another existed, but not a kid.  I would never have given Brenda a kid, tbh and I certainly would have made it Jax's if anything.

Super interesting to hear about the Bobbie rumor.  Do you know any more about that?

I have definitely heard the rumor about Rick/Laura and the molestation stuff-which was just too far for both characters.

• Members

Lol.  I am still intrigued by the idea.  Bobbie wasn't doing a whole lot in 2002 except dating Scott IIRC.  The Bobbie/Roy pairing had fizzled and I don't remember her being anymore than a C character at the time.

• Members

6-10

YOU BETTA READ HIM, LIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. That was worth the wait. I can't believe Finn though he was going to smooth it over. And then he wanted to make it about Liz. Let me roll my eyes. That said though, I thought they both did a great job acting. And then in swooned Jason. And I swooned, too. Cuz...Liason. lol.

And then Jason and Liz at the pool. *Taoboi swoons again* Cuz...Jason and the feet. He wasn't wrong. But one thing I have liked on Jason's return was that he was interacting with all his baby mamas and kids and I'm afraid that will be lost very soon.

And Drew/Nina continue to be fire. 

Hehe. Welcome to the club. As you see there is cake

Please register in order to view this content

but we also have cookies.

• Members

Yeah, I feel that is a given. 

That was something that I've love under PM. That you got to see (and hear the POVs of) all of Jason's 'women' and his kids as well. That sins of the father. It's been funny given how people on this board talked about how Jason neglected his kids for years and seeing it said on-screeen. Well-earned dialogue.

But hoping it continue.

Hehe. That's on my binge list. Cuz I love him, but I reeeeally love Rutina Wesley. 

• Members

Yes, me, too. The writing for Jason is giving us more, quite a bit more. And, at the same time, apparently Steve is also giving more, which makes for a nice happy connection between character & actor. 

It was really something that Jake put his anger to the side & called Jason! Then we had that moment when Finn was escalating in his poor treatment of Liz & out of the darkness suddenly we heard ... Jason's voice! "Take your hands off of her." Talk about calvary! Jake said "Please go save my mom." And Jason said, "Done." Then, of course, he had nowhere to take her & they needed to debrief, together. The closed MC pool was perfect. 

• Members

I recall that making the rounds back then too. They had taken that one scene of Laura and Lucky visiting the attic with Robin in the early 90’s and tried to build a story out of it.

I think her leaving changed a lot of what was planned. Was it Rick’s affair or Scotty, and was it Bobbie or did she think it was Bobbie? I hated what it was, but I have no doubt that both Genie and Denise would have done excellent work if the story had been that Rick molested her. Like a lot of what Guza did when he returned under JFP. I may not have liked it, but I bet it would have been scripted and acted well.

I hope they continue to give Liz scenes with their sons. It’s always compelling and really suits her.

• Members

Well, if you are former, then, do you look at the pool scene & think what good friends they are or are you not former but still and look at the pool scene & want more, much more? Liz fans this week have made me crazy. I mean I like Liz but I'm not a former or still Liason fan. So I was happy & high, because she was finally FINALLY free of Fizzle Fazzled!!! I've been advocating with the #FreeLiz folks for over a year. 

I mean, my god, no more maple syrup loving!!! Hooray!