B&B: How to fix the mess that the show has become?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I will say it until it happens! We need a big earthquake or something! Maybe a killer. A big umbrella story where people actually die. Even a massive tsunami. Kill people, bring some together. They have the budget! Maybe instead of a remote they can do it.

• Members
Posted (edited)

If starting a new soap or wiping the slate TOTALLY clean were off the table

Similar to @Soapsuds I would..

-Eighty six Brad Bell, get a head writer who hasn't been recyed through soaps. 

-completely write out Liam/Hope/Steffy/Finn 

-get rid of usess characters like Wyatt, Katie, Donna etc

-start a new fued between Brooke and a strong older matriarch of a new family.

-Bring Lauren over to resurrect her fued with Sheila in an actual concrete storyline

-re-explore Justin taking over Spencer Publications to open the door for a strong black villain.

(otherwise send send Dollar Bill & Sheila to Y&R)

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members

The show is so claustrophobic now. The cast , the sets, nothing feels like this show is set in LA.

The young cast is saddled with marriage and babies.

This show continues to treat it's black characters like afterthoughts which has been a problem for decades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We all know what can save the show and that is if Bradley some day decides to rest from writing his drivel and just gives someone else an opportunity. I don't want to sound cynical, but I think even some amateurs on the internet could write the show better at this point. There are so many talented people just sitting in the shadows. 

I really don't see how anyone else can out-bottom Bradley's bottom he hit with the last few years. I only see UP.

So every day I will light a candle in the hope that Bradley may want to give the show to someone else. And... isn't he bored with it at this point? Brooke is not anymore at an age where she can pregnant and she has already slept with all the men in law, there isn't anything for Bradley to write anymore. So... give it up, sweetheart. We will remember you with warm feelings.