• Members

This is the real life story. They were referring to a soap storyline, Brit show. 

However, I remember that people said that the company handled it perfectly because they came forward immediately & told the whole story to the public. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The real life story was brought up in reference to the Hollyoaks storyline?

Anyhow, if nothing else now everyone knows on this thread why medicine is sealed these days and it can be deadly to take medicine if the seal has been tampered like the bottle says lol.

• Members

Great. And, it should come up! In a way I still cannot believe that there is someone out there who did this & got away with it!!! It was such a horrible crime, literally a crime against modern civilization. The killer targeted totally unknown, random individuals with probably nothing but a headache or a muscle ache, until ... 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Well, I am, and I make no apologies for it either, lol.

Children are not interesting to watch.  Period.  Which is why I've never frowned upon the practice of SORASing, even if I think many soaps do it too quickly.

There are exceptions, of course, like Jonathan Jackson and Rachel Miner.  Most of the time, however, child actors are just so damn insufferable. 

Then again, I still suffer with PTSD from watching Ashley Peldon for three years on GL, so that probably clouds my judgment a bit, lol.

Same here.  I've been saying for a very long time that Alexis doesn't need THREE daughters on the canvas.  If anything, Alexis should have had maybe a son and ONE daughter and no mas.

Exit interview?

It was a pretty big story from what I remember, even if the murders all occurred in one city.  But, like you said, @carolineg, they still don't know for certain who was responsible (even if the authorities still have their theories, lol).

Edited by Khan

• Members

Apparently I am a child hater, too, although it isn't all children. 

Loved Miner. Still resent that the stupidly decided to make Michelle older so they could sexualize her. In my druthers Miner's Michelle & Buffington's Bill are today a happily married couple. 

What is this about some exit interview?

HUGE story!

• Members

He gave a couple to the usual mags and sites online, including one indicating he'd turned down AMC to play Lucci's love interest maybe once or twice over the years. Some may be in the spoilers thread.

• Members

Let's be real.  I am too.  

I am going to sound old but child actors on soaps today are just too performative.  They don't even seem real.  There is a difference between being cute and charming and being obnoxious and singing full length songs on the reg.

I honestly wasn't sure.  I have had to explain to other people why I obsessively check packaging on medicine to this day!   NO cyanide in my over the counter pain pills today!!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Gregory Harrison and Susan Lucci might have made for a hot couple onscreen, but Harrison is the sort of actor who can generate at least a little bit of chemistry with any female he's paired with.  Even w/ Valerie Bertinelli, whom "King of the Hill" fans are CONVINCED he once starred in a Lifetime movie with, lol.

PREACH!

• Members

I could see the Lucci pairing quite easily to be honest.  

I am glad to find like minded people here.  My family thinks I am weird because I don't want to watch my nephew perform karate tricks on facetime for an extended amount of time lol

JJ, KMc, and even AT seemed like real human children/tweens.  I still don't get the concept that every child on soaps now has to be exceptionally smart, talented, sings, writes, is wholly compassionate, etc.  Has FV ever met a child?

• Members

Dante telling Sonny there need to be changes was excellent. Dante absolutely should be a lead on the show.

Did I miss a doctor examination that said Kristina was high risk? Because the tired old trope of not upsetting a pregnant woman is ridiculous.

Dex also had a realistic reaction to being asked to protect Sonny by Michael. The show is full of people I could do without. But Mulcahey has at least made sure they have decent characterizations instead of just regurgitating the plots all episode long.

That wallpaper is hideous. Monica would never. Olivia maybe.

• Members

Agreed.  They could've gotten a vet around Demi Moore and Kim Delaney's age to play the part for a few episodes.  Maybe Lori Loughlin, Jane Badler (ex-Melinda, ONE LIFE & Diana of V), Ana Alicia (ex-Melissa, FALCON CREST), or Laua Bonarriggo Koffman (ex-Cassie ONE LIFE) or Lisa Peluso (ex-Ava, LOVING, ex-Wendy, SEARCH, ex-Billie, ONE LIFE).